anyone use the Tradetech Titan 3 Riser?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Seriously getting back into slinging arrows instinctively and having a blast with it on my Bearcat. So considering making the Jump to a take down. I got a guy who has a Trade Tech Titan 3 Riser with 2 sets of limbs Im thinking about snagging. Anyone use the Titan 3 that can review and give me their thoughts on it? I really wanted a recurve I can shoot off the shelf which you can do with the titan 3 and I wanted it to be take down at be able to hit 64" long since Im a 31" draw. So this really has my eye. Been reading up but I wanted to get any Roksliders opinions on this Bow for a hunting rig.

Thanks in advance.

PJG

WKR
I know the TT III gets good reviews, but it is one riser that I did not like at all. My biggest compliant about the riser was the balance of it. It was way too top heavy for my taste, without adding a ton of weight in the stab the top limb wanted to rock back so bad it drove me nuts. I did not think the finish was very good, and the grip fit was sloppy at best. The weight kit that Tradtech offers was never available and they still haven't produced the adjustable shelf that they advertise. If I had pick a 19" riser it would be a Bernardini Mamba.

On the flip side, it was a straight riser, and the tiller adjustment and limb alignment was very easy to adjust. I liked that it had two plunger holes.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have a Titan III and really like it. They aren't going to make the modular shelf anytime soon but that's a non-issue for me. Yes it is top heavy but that's easily remedied. My grips fit fine, had the medium grip but switched it out for the low grip. I too shoot a 64" length as I pull 30.5" or so. It's a solid rig and if you know anyone as a machinist you can get weights made to balance it out or just run a stab. With a 10" B Stinger with an 8oz weight it balances like a dream. Haven't shot mine off the shelf much, usually shoot it with a NAP Centerest or a Spigarelli rest with plunger set-up for 3D. You can easily configure several different ways to run it off the shelf to where you can set your center shot and get it off of the flat shelf. It's a great rig and Jon Wert will gladly answer any question you have if you call him up at TradTech. It's his baby so he knows it inside and out.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
PJG and Sneaky. Appreciate all the feedback. I have a 10 inch stabilizer I planned on throwing on it so hopefully that does the trick. I plan on shooting Traps Feather Rest as I hear it tunes really nice and Ive never used one so wanted to give it a try. Should be here today so hopefully be shooting it tonight at the shop.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Got the Titan 3 tonight. Holly cow this bow shoots amazing. Couldnt be happier. These are 38# Limbs on here Im shooting 42# with my long draw. Tomorrow will be ordering some 45s

I put a Limbsaver 10 inch stabilizer and its dead in the hands and completely quite, smoothest recurve Ive ever shot.

Dead Zombie instinctive at 20 yards

Last edited:
I shoot a Hoyt GM II exclusively, but have often wondered about the Titan series. It looks like you have found a bow that works well for you. Do you plan on using it for elk this upcoming season?

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey Justin Time will tell. Before last night Id of told you no but after shooting last night at 20 and 30 yards Im even more confident I can make a great shot.

So we shall see. I plan to get some outdoor 3d sessions going at a course I found up in the mountains.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I shoot a Hoyt GM II exclusively, but have often wondered about the Titan series. It looks like you have found a bow that works well for you. Do you plan on using it for elk this upcoming season?

Hey Justin do you instinctive or gap shoot?

I have one of the original anodized ones. I like it. I think I am going to go back to the GMII with my Border limbs though because I like the 2-piece Duralite quiver.