Go Ruck

crumy

WKR
I have been asked by a couple of guys I work with to join them in a GoRuck Challenge. From what I can tell, not really a competition against other teams but more of a competition against your mental state and your ability to suck it up. So this might not be the brightest thing I have done but I am doing it.

Anyone else done done of these? If so, Any suggestions for training or loading up the pack. (either 6 bricks or 40lbs of sand)

Been running and doing endless stairs but since I said I would do this, I have been adding in burpees, bear craws and pushups.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

kickemall

WKR
Awhile back Rosinbag on here posted a summary of one he did. Sounded pretty brutal. Search his posts because it's worth reading. I'm sure he'll weigh in if he sees this otherwise I'd shoot him Pm. Good luck man, sounds double tough.

OP
crumy

crumy

WKR
Thanks. I didn't think to do a search... (face palm) I found it and it does have some good info and is not making me feel better about doing this. :)

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
I'm doing Go Ruck Heavy in San Francisco in June. 24hrs, 40+ miles. Anyone in the Bay Area wanna join? At least I get to train at home in CO @ 9000ft.

lintond

WKR
A coworker does the go ruck challenges here. They look pretty grueling. A good test of a mans grit for sure.

I thought about doing one, then I found out what they were and decided against it because I've done it for work for the past 17 years, so there's no way I am going to pay to do it.

KHNC

WKR
How did your challenge go? Ive done a couple of them and have another coming up Aug 9 (custom) in Charlotte.