Poison Arrow Decoy (prototype) Review

slim9300

WKR
http://youtu.be/XZVY0lrMsw8

I realize this product more falls into the hunting sub forums, but this is the most visited sub forum on this site, and technically this is a piece of
'backcountry gear.' I think all you bow hunters will appreciate it. :)

I was recently given the opportunity to test a new product that is still in the development stages but very close to final release. The Poison Arrow Decoy is something that I am incredibly excited about, and I have no doubt it will have a significant impact on my elk hunting success and that of others. I feel like any serious spot and stalk bowhunter will feel the same way, especially for elk. (This product is offered in other species such as deer, turkey and antelope)

I missed a few things in my video review that I wanted to talk about but you will get the gist of it. Let me know if you have any questions. The owner of the company (James) may likely show up too. This is a patented product if anyone was wondering. It will be priced around $60 and the final product should be available in the next couple months. My suggestion is get on the 'waiting list' because the first batch isn't going to last long! :)

Here's a link to the homepage for more info:

http://www.poisonarrowgear.com/

That's 3.71 ounces not pounds!

yna9y8eg.jpg

Last edited:

Outwest

WKR
Wow, that is a pretty clever idea. I might have to get in on this one.
My first thought was accidentally shooting that arrow at an elk. A cow's face flying towards him at 300fps might just shock him to death ;)

lintond

WKR
I've been debating between this and the heads up decoy. Easy answer...I think I'll get both! With me being a solo hunter I don't have the advantage of setting up with a caller behind me to draw the bulls attention, a decoy will help me quite a bit.

OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
I've been debating between this and the heads up decoy. Easy answer...I think I'll get both! With me being a solo hunter I don't have the advantage of setting up with a caller behind me to draw the bulls attention, a decoy will help me quite a bit.

This decoy is perfect for a solo hunter that's running and gunning after the elk IMHO. It always seems to be about getting that extra 1-2 seconds while you are hunting alone for elk.

Manosteel

WKR
I have never been big on decoys- to heavy and cumbersome but at 3 oz this one is a must try for the way I hunt. Put me on the waiting list, I am getting one

poisonarrow

Lil-Rokslider
Hey fellas, I am James the owner of Poison Arrow Gear. A number of you have e-mailed wondering about payment. If you want to go ahead and pay now that will be fine, just go to my website and order the one you want. I would prefer that you would just send me an e-mail requesting to be put on the list. I will put you on the list in the order I receive your request. When I get going I will let you know and then you can pay. Paying now will not move your order forward.

If you have any questions you can e-mail me through the contacts on my site and I will try to answer them. It will be three or four weeks until I get the finished model ready.

Thanks, James