Thanks to HCA

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just got a couple rifles back from Hells Canyon Armory that I sent in for muzzle brakes. One is a Tikka T3 7mm which belongs to my good friend and the other is my 6.5-06AI.

Al does really amazing work and had to work around the clock to get these and a few other rifles out the door in time for spring bear.

Here are a few pics. Stock Tikka 7mm mag.
a4enama2.jpg

evusuver.jpg

Custom Tikka 6.5-06AI.
azy5edyr.jpg

ze6aha4u.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Rob shot his a couple times yesterday just to check it out. The recoil reduction is amazing with these brakes. These are the micro bastard brakes.

We are going shooting next weekend so we can really test them out.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Well I decided I had to shoot a few rounds today. Just shot it a few times at 100 yds. to zero the scope for next weekend.

5epe9y7y.jpg

I shot one quick group after I got it zeroed.

rehyta3a.jpg

7mag.

WKR
Looks like it's shooting pretty dang good. You guys heading out for your spring bear hunt next weekend?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Littlebuf and I leave for Idaho spring bear on May 14th.

Next weekend, we are just going shooting to make sure our rifles are ready to go.

Justin
What do you think of the stock Tikka rings? I was hesitant to keep/use them because they are so lightweight and was afraid they may fail. The 7mm Mag is no slouch in the recoil department so I am curious if you have had any issues with them? It would of course depend on the weight of the optic as well.
Thanks

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have used the Tikka rings a few times and haven't had any issues so far. Right now I'm using the stock rings on my Tikka .243 with a 6-18x40 VX2.

I do prefer to use a 20 moa rail and top quality rings though.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have a feeling that we will be having way too much fun Sam! I'll be bringing a couple cameras too so we should get some fun videos.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been running the stock tikka rings since 2003 with no issues on my 7mm. I run a vxii 3x9x40 scope. It has taken a serious beating over the decade+ with no issues and brought down a bull or 2:) These guns stock are tougher than you expect by the feel.

Clarktar

WKR
Justin, did you build the Ai 6.5-06 off a 700 action?

I have been wanting to build a 6.5-06 for some time now and thought I might start gathering the pieces...

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin, did you build the Ai 6.5-06 off a 700 action?

I have been wanting to build a 6.5-06 for some time now and thought I might start gathering the pieces...

It's built on a Tikka T3 action. With the Tikka there is far less trueing required compared to a Remington. Also the bolt and trigger are much better on the Tikka.

I'm planning on starting another build and it will be built on a Tikka for sure.