Video of female Mountain Lion with kitten

On a recent shed hunting trip, Switchback team member Oliver got the rare opportunity to see a female Mountain Lion with its kitten during daylight hours.

[video=youtube;bhkedFeJ0ww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhkedFeJ0ww&list=UUW05Qtde64oWHNG0CvMrdHg[/video]

PA 5-0

WKR
That is some incredible footage!!! Every time I see a vid like this or I cut a big track on a hunt, I cant help but think being alone in the backcountry is a bad idea. Those cats are huge!!!!!!

Vurtle

FNG
This being a public forum, I can't say exactly what I was doing, but when I was 18 I had one sneak in right behind me (10 feet) and scream. It is a sound you won't ever forget.

Cool video. I have seen 6 total in the wild. I saw 2 last year in nine days while muzzle loader hunting for deer here in Colorado. I watched one through a spotting scope stalk a buck. The cat didn't get the deer. I also had one shadow me in the dark on a pack into a basin I was hunting. The reason I initially saw it was the eyes in my head lamp. Those things are creepy!