U.S. Patrol Sleeping Bag

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
If you get it cheap its very durable and should work for you. There are a lot of lighter options out there without breaking the bank.

Sorry just saw the link, for 30.00 bucks its pretty hard to beat. If you are over 6 foot tall you will be cramped, I know I've spent a lot of time in the military systems

OP
Longstride12

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
Can you point me in the right direction for a bag that will compress well and is lighter? The green patrol bag says it is 2.2 lbs.

I've been using one for many years now for my three season outings. I never bothered to switch to a different bag. It weighs 2lb 5.3oz. You can see it compressed here: http://youtu.be/m8o95Dug4rY (I'm doing this on my phone, so I hope the link works)

Ironman8

WKR
I'll echo a few things that Wood Trekker mentioned in his post and video (great vid btw).

My patrol bag weighed in at 2lbs 4oz. Compressibility is just like what was seen in the vid. It's construction is very good IME and the zipper is very robust. I'm a hot sleeper so ymmv, but I've taken the bag down into the low 30's with just a baselayer and been comfortable. With additional clothes (puffy gear), I'm sure I could go well into the 20s.

Bottom line, if you're on a budget or you just want a good back up bag, I don't think you can go wrong for the price.

OP
Longstride12

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice and opinions! Great video Wood Trekker. I found one on ebay with free shipping for $22 and couldn't pass it up, we'll see how it performs here in about two weeks. It'll be far lighter and compact better than what I have right now, I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives. If nothing else it can be a back up bag like Ironman8 said.

sneaky

"DADDY"
My patrol bag compresses smaller than the one in the video link above, at least with the stuff sack I use. Better options out there for sure but it works and I already have it :)