Semi Custom Tikka T3 Superlite

charvey9

WKR
Interested to see how it shoots. Trying to decide if the fluted barrel is worth an extra $140. My cost on a regular T3 lite SS is $560. Decisions.

scott

FNG
Get the regular T3 stainless and put your money for something else you need.

wow, between you and brock, might have inspired me. ive been kicking around the idea of a stock instead of the cheapo factory one and i really like the bolt. add a brake like brock and maybe the weight is offset.

Deserat

FNG
This thread is 5 mo old, but hopefully the OP is still around.....I'm hoping he can answer a couple of questions.

I'm searching for a threaded bolt handle for my tikka and I'm wondering if you sent your original bolt out to be cut and threaded or did you get a new threaded bolt and knob from Twisted? I'd like the option of just a threaded handle that I can add a specific knob to.

Also, what height Talley's did you have to go with to get the Z3 x50 to fit on your rifle? I'm getting ready to order that scope and wondering if my lows will fit or if I need mediums.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Trr15

WKR
Glad you revived this thread. I'm curious as to how the rifle shoots and if the recoil was as bad as anticipated.

colonel00

WKR
This thread is 5 mo old, but hopefully the OP is still around.....I'm hoping he can answer a couple of questions.

I'm searching for a threaded bolt handle for my tikka and I'm wondering if you sent your original bolt out to be cut and threaded or did you get a new threaded bolt and knob from Twisted? I'd like the option of just a threaded handle that I can add a specific knob to.

Also, what height Talley's did you have to go with to get the Z3 x50 to fit on your rifle? I'm getting ready to order that scope and wondering if my lows will fit or if I need mediums.

Thanks!

Bumping this thread as I am also interested in the height of the rings to get that scope on there.

OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

WKR
Sorry I didn't see these questions before.

My rifle has the low talley rings.

Recoil is manageable but not pleasant for range sessions, I plan on putting a micro bastard brake on it over the winter.

The threaded bolt came from Glades Armory and the bolt knob came from Twisted

colonel00

WKR
Thanks. How much clearance do you have between the scope and the barrel. Looks pretty tight in the first picture.

GKPrice

Banned
I am curious about the weight quoted for the rifle with scope ? You said 6lb 7oz with the scope that weighs right at 16oz which would put the bare rifle at 5lb 7oz ? Mine weighs 6lb bare ?

colonel00

WKR
I am curious about the weight quoted for the rifle with scope ? You said 6lb 7oz with the scope that weighs right at 16oz which would put the bare rifle at 5lb 7oz ? Mine weighs 6lb bare ?

Does yours have the fluted barrel and bolt? Also, I would be interested in the weight difference of the stocks. At $600, I would hope there was some weight savings there. Here is my SuperLite that I just purchased. It is a 300WM so it has the longer barrel. I am hoping to drop a few ounces with a Ti/Carbon bolt handle and I will probably get the bolt fluted at some point.

20141217_224434.jpg

OP
Wrench77

Wrench77

WKR

I just weighed the rifle again and the total weight is 6lbs 15oz I'm not sure how I came up with the original weight but I was obviously off quite a bit

thats an awesome rig. hope it shoots for ya after all the upgrades. I currently have all the parts to build a full custom on one of my tikkas. Going 6.5saum, manners EH1, rock creek #5 8.5 twist fluted, cdi bdm, lumley ti/carbon bolt handle, glades ss shroud, fluted bolt, OD cerakote, 4 port break. now I just have to figure out who is going to build it.

GKPrice

Banned
No worries Wrench77 I'm just a stickler for details (A CURSE) Mine is also a 7 Rem Mag and I love it also - I've never had much luck with the 160 class bullets but that is gonna change this winter because I WILL find a load it likes - I'm changing to the Mtn Tactical lightweight rail and Leupold Rifleman rings for the "big kickers" but I'll stick with Talleys for the 243 and such - Mtn Tactical tells me they're working on a 3 function safety too, won't be out 'til summer most likely - they've all but abandoned the JARD trigger/safety due to issues as a "hunting" set up - they certainly seem like a great company ....
It seems that I've run into trouble with the action torque specs, didn't record what the in/lbs setting was (STUPID) and it does seem to matter so I'm also gonna pillar bed PROBABLY ALL the Tikkas this winter