What is this buckle for?

kodiakfly

WKR
I'd be interested as well. I've got two on each side of my Duplex. There should be a vid just on all the buckles and tabs on the frame.

gelton

WKR
The two buckles on the duplex are for if you plan on using just the frame for a load hauler. They are needed to attach the frame to the belt. Its the strap that goes from the belt to the bag, that strap would instead be attached to the frame using those buckles. So not entirely necessary if you dont plan on using the duplex frame for a hauler.

gelton

WKR
Here's that vid you were asking about Kodiak Fly:

[video=youtube_share;afJT5I9nrlA]http://youtu.be/afJT5I9nrlA[/video]

OP
razorsharptokill
Ahhh I see. I'd like to get a compression strap and the appropriate buckles to run across the upper portion there.

kodiakfly

WKR
The two buckles on the duplex are for if you plan on using just the frame for a load hauler. They are needed to attach the frame to the belt. Its the strap that goes from the belt to the bag, that strap would instead be attached to the frame using those buckles. So not entirely necessary if you dont plan on using the duplex frame for a hauler.

Makes sense. Thanks. I watched the vid and that answered a few questions. There's just so many options and it's my first Kifaru, so I'm at the start of the learning curve.

Makes sense. Thanks. I watched the vid and that answered a few questions. There's just so many options and it's my first Kifaru, so I'm at the start of the learning curve.

im with you.I have only had mine 4 months. Its been been a lot of fun messing with it and building a truly custom pack.