Hanwag Alaska GTX

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Man this sucks. Waiting on my cash to hit my bank account then Im picking these up. Wonder how long the sale lasts. Anyone know the fit on these? I wear 11.5 normally Are they to size?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Screw it my order is in. Talked to a nice lady there named cory on Chat. Took my order and put them on the shelf for me till my funds hit. Awesome Customer service at Backcountry. Like those guys alot

Also she told me if any fitting issues at all to send them right on back for resize order or refund. So sounds like their return policy is pretty legit.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
They don't make this one in a wide version do they? Dangit

Roy68

WKR
SHTF, Backcountry has good customer service support for sure. I've done the buy / return thing with them a few times on purchases in the past to correct sizing issues.

I have a pair that are 5 years old now. Not as many miles as some but plenty of miles none-the-less. I'm an 11 1/2 in street shoes and I sized up to a 12 for foot swelling and heavier socks, and glad I did. Last year I was wishing they were a full size larger instead of a 1/2. Not sure why but my feet swelled more than usual last year. I like a wider toe box and usually wear a D in width, and they have fit the bill

When they are worn out I will have a hard time replacing them with another pair. I would like to try others but not enough cash to do so, and I trust the Hanwag brand now. That's a killer price. I bought mine from Lathrop & Sons with their synergy foot beds

Roy68

WKR
sneaky, for the price (if you have the cash) roll the dice and see how they fit. I'm borderline needing a wide boot, usually where a D in a work boot and get by fine. My foot is wide behind the toes, and if the toe box is wide I don't have issues. The Hanwag has a good toe box. My $.02

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
They don't make this one in a wide version do they? Dangit

Im the same here Sneaky but with Backcountry.com's return policy its worth it if they end up working well. You can always return if they dont work.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
haha Brad, I know right. Ive been looking at these or the Lowa Tibets Also at the Scarpas. I needed new boots bad with my bad feet. I think I have more boots in my closet than my wife does shoes. Most of my old ones are warn out pretty good though.

colonel00

WKR
Yeah, with a decent return policy, it's tough to pass up trying some boots at a great price. I picked up a pair of the Lowa Cevedale off of STP back in the winter. They are decent but I am not 100% sure on them yet as they still have some fit issues.

Shrek

WKR
Roy68 , if the tops are still good you can get them resoled. The is a place in Colorado that advertises resoling mountaineering boots I found on Google. I think I'm going to send the Hanwags I cooked last year and have them done.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
SHTF, Backcountry has good customer service support for sure. I've done the buy / return thing with them a few times on purchases in the past to correct sizing issues.

I have a pair that are 5 years old now. Not as many miles as some but plenty of miles none-the-less. I'm an 11 1/2 in street shoes and I sized up to a 12 for foot swelling and heavier socks, and glad I did. Last year I was wishing they were a full size larger instead of a 1/2. Not sure why but my feet swelled more than usual last year. I like a wider toe box and usually wear a D in width, and they have fit the bill

When they are worn out I will have a hard time replacing them with another pair. I would like to try others but not enough cash to do so, and I trust the Hanwag brand now. That's a killer price. I bought mine from Lathrop & Sons with their synergy foot beds

Thanks Roy I missed this. I dont deal much with swelling even after 8 miles or so. Just very sore feet. I had my toe realigned 2 years ago and have been doing good with getting good quality boots and taking it easy on the feet. Key for me is Toe Box also. I have wide front feet. IF the toe box isnt big enough it adds preasure on the outside of my foot. That plain sucks.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Realigned how? I have flat feet and arthritis in each big toe joint from low arch angle. The hoof doc wants to cut it and re-angle it. That scares the hell outta me.

Roy68

WKR
Shrek thanks for the info. Let me know how the resole job looks and if the fit stays the same. I've had a few boots resoled but they've all been western style boots. The hanwags are my first pair of mountaineering influenced style hunting boots. I have really enjoyed wearing the hanwags, but I can't compare them to anything else.

SHTF no worries. I'm the same if the toe box isn't big enough the outside of my foot gets sore as well. I think the swelling was due to the elevation change and maybe part of a nasty cold or virus that I was fighting at the time. Really I have no idea to the cause because I've not had that severity of swelling before. I'm curious about the toe alignment as well. I've misaligned a couple of toes thanks to a cow and heavy piece of iron. Come to think of it a few fingers have been broken too, and the nose twice. I remember that discomfort not sure I could manage an intentional realignment.

ol490

Lil-Rokslider
I pulled the trigger on a set. I'm borderline on width. Some boots I'm normal and some I need wide do we will see if I can make these work.

danarnold

WKR
i got some on amazon a couple months ago, super nice boot, but...the right was much smaller then the left (length & toe width) free shipping back tho,