Sneak Peek of new never before seen bipod design

Bob Beck

FNG
ATTENTION LONG RANGE SHOOTERS: Extreme Outer Limits and MOA Rifles are about to unveil a never before seen bi-pod design. What we believe to be the lightest, most adjustable, and fully rotational bi-pod available to long range shooters. Here's a sneak peek! What do you think?
bipods.jpg

They look nice. I would like to see you going over them in detail in a video. Also like everyone else...what's the price? Don't leave us hanging Bob!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Atlas is pretty damn close to perfect, but oh so pricey.

This one will have to do at least the same for a lower price to get me to change.

deadwolf

WKR
The Atlas is pretty damn close to perfect, but oh so pricey.

This one will have to do at least the same for a lower price to get me to change.

Ditto, I'll be waiting to hear more! It looks as though I see some carbon fiber so I'm guessing light and expensive!

KMD

Banned
Interesting! Would like to know some specs also. Weight, leg adjustment range, locking mechanism, loading characteristics, price, etc.

Altas BT-10 (clamp on) weighs ~11oz.

Harris BRM-s 9-13" w/KMW podloc is ~14 oz.

Atlas loads up much better than Harris, but Harris deploys & adjusts more easily.
If this new bipod can load up like an Atlas, adjust as fast as a Harris, and shave a couple ounces, you'll really have something there!

Looking forward to more info...

I've never really worried about weight on my longrange rifles. It's an intriguing design, hopefully a video showcasing the features soon but it's going to be hard to beat the pivoting harris with notched legs and podloc. I don't like taking unsupported shots so it might work well for my mountain rifle and give me more height than the 6-9" harris I've been using but I don't consider my mountain rifle a longrange rifle.

KMD

Banned
Yep, that's kinda the niche I was envisioning for that smaller one, Pyro.
On a mid-weight hunting rifle, or open country predator/varmint rig, I'd prefer to not have an extra 3/4 lb. of bipod hanging off the end. A Pod-loc'ed Harris works great for what it's posta do, so that's what gets the call.
An Atlas shines on 11-20 lb. LR type rigs, where getting into position quickly is not of paramount importance. They take a bit longer to get leveled out, but dang it, they sure are wonderful to shoot over!

If this new tool offers the same stability, at a noticeable weight savings, I'd be all over giving one an honest try. Assuming, of course, those carbon fiber lookin' legs will cut overall weight appreciably?

Curious to learn more...

OP
B

Bob Beck

FNG
Guys, here are a few details!

The small model is a 7-10 inch height at 10 ounces. The tall model is 10-14 inch height at 12 ounces.

The unique thing about them is that they rotate on a ball, therefore they have amazing amount range of motion with the ability to leave the legs in one spot and move the rifle completely uphill or downhill with no leg movement needed. They also are not just limited to panning motion due to the ball. They essentially swing 360 degrees, less just a few degrees in a couple spots due to the yolk design. Yes they do have real carbon legs, not wraps. The legs can be adjusted to any desired height because of our compression lock design, they do not have annoying set rings in the legs. You can literally move the leg to any height you want and turn the lock nut and it will hold. Lastly, amongst the very uniques design, the legs move side to side, therefore eliminating the problem of making sure the shooter loads the legs when shooting.

Pricing is still TBD. Sorry that they will likely not be cheaper then Atlas. The fact is to make something different and at that quality and weight, it comes at a cost. For us, the important thing is that we take our field experience and put it into products that actually service the need we are looking for. As a manufacturer we are always striving to do the best job we can at the best price point. With support from great guys such as your selves in great communities like Rok Slide, these new products coming from EOL TV and MOA Rifles will surely be a success!

Thanks guys!

Bob Beck

Guys, here are a few details!

The small model is a 7-10 inch height at 10 ounces. The tall model is 10-14 inch height at 12 ounces.

The unique thing about them is that they rotate on a ball, therefore they have amazing amount range of motion with the ability to leave the legs in one spot and move the rifle completely uphill or downhill with no leg movement needed. They also are not just limited to panning motion due to the ball. They essentially swing 360 degrees, less just a few degrees in a couple spots due to the yolk design. Yes they do have real carbon legs, not wraps. The legs can be adjusted to any desired height because of our compression lock design, they do not have annoying set rings in the legs. You can literally move the leg to any height you want and turn the lock nut and it will hold. Lastly, amongst the very uniques design, the legs move side to side, therefore eliminating the problem of making sure the shooter loads the legs when shooting.

Pricing is still TBD. Sorry that they will likely not be cheaper then Atlas. The fact is to make something different and at that quality and weight, it comes at a cost. For us, the important thing is that we take our field experience and put it into products that actually service the need we are looking for. As a manufacturer we are always striving to do the best job we can at the best price point. With support from great guys such as your selves in great communities like Rok Slide, these new products coming from EOL TV and MOA Rifles will surely be a success!

Thanks guys!

Bob Beck

Excited to try these out!

KMD

Banned
Lastly, amongst the very uniques design, the legs move side to side, therefore eliminating the problem of making sure the shooter loads the legs when shooting.

Thanks guys!

Bob Beck
Sir, could you explain that statement further?
Trying to envision how horizontal leg movement on the 'Y' axis could negate the need to "load" the bipod legs on the front/rear 'x' axis. Recoil pulse affects the rifle on the 'x' axis (front /rear), so I'm failing to see how spreading legs on the opposing axis could do the same "work" against the rearward momentum of the rifle?

BillyGoatGruff

Lil-Rokslider
Doesn't seem to be all that light? I just weighed my hairis bench pod (6-9") and it weighs 11 3/8 oz. That's less than 1.5oz savings...

BGG

Bob. I like the looks, functionality, and especially the weight of the new bipod. Seems like a little lighter than a Harris and smoother in action.