Another Kuiu Pack????

Hawkeye

FNG
I got the email notice of ANOTHER KUIU pack. The ICON PRO 7200 I believe is what the video said. Pretty darn confusing if you ask me. They call it an ICON pack like their previous line of packs that had all the issues with broken frames but it goes on the ULTRA frame. I don't think they thought that one through on the name. You will have some people who buy it with ICON frames thinking it will fit since it is named ICON.

Not sure what direction this company is going with their packs. Throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks I guess. Love the clothing but don't get the direction they are going with the packs.

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
I own the 2013 Icon 1850. When I heard that there was a Icon Pro line coming out I was happy that they were taking care of us guys with the Icon frame. I later learned that it was only compatible with the Ultra frame and thought the same thing........why Icon Pro if there is zero compatibility with the Icon frame?? Now that the bags are released it seems that they are nearly identical to the 2013 Icon bags with a few minor adjustments and material changes so Im not missing out on much. They should call it the 2014 and a half, version 2 , Icon Ultra Pro!

FWIW I do like my Icon 1850, I think its a decent day pack!!

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like they went to a heavier fabric , according to the video , looks like corded zipper pulls also , a touch lighter on all 3 Pro Icons than the 2013 Icons also .

I got the email too. I wonder if the Ultra frame in the Ultra Pro pack is identical to the regular Ultra packs or if this frame is more beefy/robust?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Really hope I can just order up the Ultra Pro belt to go on my Ultra frame.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at that hipbelt, I wish it fit the 2013 icon frame. 32kms last weekend with my 2013 frame and love it except for the ram logo in the lumbarpad, eventually irritated my back. Going to try different foam thickness and hope the lumbar softens up.
I've been quite happy with my kuiu gear and their customer service but not really impressed with the lack of compatibility between their pack line up, my one year old pack doesn't seem like it will work with any of the new bags/frame/suspension.

bounds

WKR
I emailed them this morning to see about getting the new belt for my Ultra 6000. I'll let you know what I found out.

bounds

WKR
Sounds like getting the Icon Pro belt for to go with the Ultra is not an option at this point. Possibly sometime in the future, but no timeline as to when.

LJ Buck

WKR
You can buy the ICON PRO 1850 PRO w/ Suspension only for $200. That wouls get you the belt.

I purchased a Stone Glacier and love it. Less weight then the Icon Pro and is proven to handle a load.