Which pack??

ltlacorn

FNG
I know this has been beaten to death and I could probably read for day on the topic. I am looking for a new pack. I am dealer for Eberlestock and Tenzing. Looking at the Just One from Eberlestock or the Tenzing TZ6000. I am looking at pack that I can use as a day pack but can also use to haul my gear in and meat out. (hopefully) I may also consider getting a Kifaru or Kuiu. Any advise, thoughts, and help will be appreciated. Heading to Wyoming in September and need to get my pack soon. Thanks

marc

Lil-Rokslider
I am really impressed with my exo pack. I prefer it over my kifaru so far. I am headed home to green bay in a week if you want to get together and check them out. Just pi me or shoot me a text 9206298647.

flyingbrass

Lil-Rokslider
those packs are crap. don't waste your money. buy a Kifaru EMR2 or high camp 4800. mystery ranch ain't bad but kifaru is the best

OP
ltlacorn

ltlacorn

FNG
I am really impressed with my exo pack. I prefer it over my kifaru so far. I am headed home to green bay in a week if you want to get together and check them out. Just pi me or shoot me a text 9206298647.

Thanks Marc, I sent you a txt. I will look at the EXO, not familiar with them

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I always recommend Kifaru packs to all of my friends. They aren't cheap but I feel like they are one of the best packs available. The other thing I really like is their customer service. It is truly top notch.

littlebuf

Banned
the more i look at the exo's the more i like them. dont have one but am considering picking one up. great price point too

NVCHUKAR

WKR
those packs are crap. don't waste your money. buy a Kifaru EMR2 or high camp 4800. mystery ranch ain't bad but kifaru is the best

Dollar for dollar the exo is just as good as a kifaru. I own 3 kifarus and the exo 3500 and it can hang with kifaru at 2/3 the cost. Cant go wrong with either imo.

OP
ltlacorn

ltlacorn

FNG
Sorry, but I haven't heard of EXO before tonight. Went and started looking into them and they appear to be a very nice pack and at a good price. Marc is going to be in Green Bay next week with his EXO so I will be able to get the feel of it. I was dead set at getting a Eberlestock or Tenzing because that is what I sell but I am definitely reconsidering. Thanks for the input so far, I appreciate it.

OP
ltlacorn

ltlacorn

FNG
What are the thoughts on the kifaru Nomad? I'll have a base camp and be spiking in for about 3-4 days at a time so don't need anything that would be for long extended stays.

CGSwimmer25

Lil-Rokslider
I started out with an Eberlestock dragonfly and hauling any heavy weight with it was very painful. I've since used a kuiu icon and currently switched to a stone glacier sky. I used the kuiu for several seasons and had zero complaints with that pack. Two of my hunting buddies still have and use their 1st Gen kuiu packs to date with no complaints. As for the stone glacier, it feels great on my test hikes but have yet to use it on a hunt. Based off all the positive reviews I don't think I'll have any issues next month on my sheep hunt. I still own the Eberlestock but don't anticipate ever using it again after using some of the better options out there.

dotman

WKR
What are the thoughts on the kifaru Nomad? I'll have a base camp and be spiking in for about 3-4 days at a time so don't need anything that would be for long extended stays.

You can't go wrong with that setup, it is a proven frame and I really like the layout of the nomad. It just depends on what you like, big bag or different organizational possibilities. I haven't handled an EXO but it is new and unproven, people have only had it for a little bit and we'll know more on its overal performance after this year for sure.

Buckman

WKR
ltlacorn just sent marc a pm about meeting up with you guys, will bring my T-1 along for you to look at too. May even be willing to sell it. If it all works out time wise.

OP
ltlacorn

ltlacorn

FNG
ltlacorn just sent marc a pm about meeting up with you guys, will bring my T-1 along for you to look at too. May even be willing to sell it. If it all works out time wise.

Sounds like we're going to have a Rokslide get together in Titletown. Anyone else want to meet up and bring packs?

The Just One while it had nothing go wrong with it
did not carry weight for me well, and the Tenzing I had fell apart on me so I would not recommend either.
The Nomad should work well for a couple of days. Even a Highcamp or timberline series if you prefer a more traditional style pack.

I am really happy with my bikini 7000 and I just bought a bikini 4000. I have had badlands, Sitka and a few other packs and i won't ever go back to another pack. My son bought a tenzing 6000 and I failed the first hunt.

OP
ltlacorn

ltlacorn

FNG
Looks like I'm leaning away from Eberlestock and Tenzing and putting EXO, Kifaru, and Kuiu at the top on my list. I need to keep reading. Thanks again for the input!!