New Guy From Northern California

SFG

FNG
I have been a lurker for a brief time, and since hunting season is coming around i figured I can contribute to the forum instead of leeching all the time.

I moved to the East Bay not too long ago and i'm looking forward to seeing what Northern California has to offer in terms of backcountry hunting. This year will be my first time hunting in CA, and naturally, i'm eager to soak up as much as can from you fellow Rokslide members.

With that,

Hi there.

boom

WKR
welcome to the EAST BAY!! (yo)

i'm in concord. LOT of hunting here, or nearby. i'm actually struggling with fitting it all in. wish they stagger the opening days a bit more. hahha.

OP
S

SFG

FNG
Thanks for the many welcomes. Great wealth of knowledge to soak up here, indeed.

Boom, what are you hunting?

Craig4791, i'm in Emeryville for the time being. I will be moving more east near Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hills in the near future.

boom

WKR
Thanks for the many welcomes. Great wealth of knowledge to soak up here, indeed.

Boom, what are you hunting?

Craig4791, i'm in Emeryville for the time being. I will be moving more east near Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hills in the near future.

deer mostly now.

i drew an A-16 tag. and i bought my AO tag. we scouted a16 and have a good game plan for a bunch of rookies. hoping for dumb luck.

my AO..met a new guy with land in napa with deer and hogs. pretty much makes him my BEST FRIEND.

i also just got my permit to go into my spot in D6. talked to the permit guy today, so far 4 permits issued. and my friend called and since he got horses and leaves out feed and water. he has 4 big bucks visiting everyday. this is in mariposa.

basically, i dont have enough time, or tags, or skills..gah.

walnut creek and pleasant hill are super nice. WC especially if you are single.

OP
S

SFG

FNG
Boom, I would say those are very good problems to have. I'm sitting on a B and D3-5 tags so i have my fingers crossed. If your best friend needs another best friend... :cool:

Craig4791, good stuff; right across the border.

OP
S

SFG

FNG
Little off topic here ...

Anyone try, or have, the SG Sky 5100 packs? I'm in need of a pack and I would like to see if you guys have any insights on the SG packs.