Glacier Country Calls

inline

FNG
Question for the guys that use Glacier Country calls. Which one of their calls is your go to diaphragm?

Thanks

mt100gr.

WKR
Watermelon- universal cow calls, soft bugles, close in chatter
Red Ripper or Orange Enrager or Troys Secret Weapon for locating, chuckles, grunts, etc.

Troys Secret Weapon was a prostaff call until last year. I have had really good luck with his calls and blow them better than any others.

Troy is a good guy, too. He spent a good 45 minutes with me in the parking lot after I closed the bow shop showing me some tricks and techniques, etc awhile back.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend in order for a newer caller

1) Orange Enranger
2) Deadly Weapon
3) Watermelon

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
I just wanted to give a big thanks to Troy with Glacier Country. We were able to get together last night in Spokane, WA and call freestyle like. We mimic real elk, each other, and the kids were rocking it out as well. Wow the shop was loud and I did not think about recording any of it to share arrgg! What a great time. Maybe next year with a little more notice we can get him to put on a seminar in Spokane.

It was the first time we tried his new "Deadly Weapon" out. What a great call!

Thanks again Troy had a great time.

Craig

jmez

WKR
Try the Sweet Temptation and or the Sweet Seduction. Both pretty easy to blow and don't take a lot of air.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Tim,

I guess the answer I would give is, if you suck at diaphragms It will not matter on which one you use you will still suck. Sorry had to say it, diaphragms take practice. With practice you will improve and will be able to make the most realistic sounds. As far a Glacier Country Calls go, they are one of the best IMO and yes I have used every manufacture out there for one reason or another. My advice would be no matter the call practice, practice, and practice some more. You will be amazed what that can do for you.

Craig

dotman

WKR
Hey Tim,

I guess the answer I would give is, if you suck at diaphragms It will not matter on which one you use you will still suck. Sorry had to say it, diaphragms take practice. With practice you will improve and will be able to make the most realistic sounds. As far a Glacier Country Calls go, they are one of the best IMO and yes I have used every manufacture out there for one reason or another. My advice would be no matter the call practice, practice, and practice some more. You will be amazed what that can do for you.

Craig

Haha this I 100% agree with, was mainly wondering how his two reed cow calls are :). I went ahead and picked both up to compare to my phelps, but I also ordered a few new diaphragm calls. I have found the double laytex easier to use then the single.

I purchased two of the glacier country reeds last season (Watermelon and another I can't remember) The frame was way way too wide for my mouth. Do they make any with a narrower frame than the Watermelon? I have the green open reed cow call that I really like and it sounds great.

jmez

WKR
The actual metal is too wide? You can and should trim the latex around the frame with scissors to fit your mouth.

OP
I

inline

FNG
Thanks, for the help.

I purchased the Secret Weapon and the Blue blaster. I have been impressed so far they sound really nice, especially the Secret Weapon.