Anyone flown with mike mcrary, 70 north

burgerta

FNG
Not yet, but I will be Sept 3rd...My research showed that most hunters highly recommend his services and the very few who had anything negative to say were a really long time ago and the situations they described were not Mikes fault...more like Alaska's fault, if you can blame her...

Floorguy

WKR
Not with 70N but back when he was with AK Bush Sports out of Naknek. I saw his place in Prudhoe last week on the way to a job. I think he is a good pilot. I at some point need to go up and fly out with him again. I know he was working on a contract to fly and do arial surveying of the pipeline.

Full disclosure I am his grandkids god father.

OP
M

montee77

FNG
let me know how it goes we are flying with him next September for a drop caribou hunt.

OP
M

montee77

FNG
I have heard nothing but good things about mike, looking forward to my first Alaska trip next year!

idig4au

WKR
Not with 70N but back when he was with AK Bush Sports out of Naknek. I saw his place in Prudhoe last week on the way to a job. I think he is a good pilot. I at some point need to go up and fly out with him again. I know he was working on a contract to fly and do arial surveying of the pipeline.

I too flew with Mike back when he was AK Bush Sports. Great guy, and great pilot. No issues whatsoever and I would fly with him in heartbeat again without a second thought

AZinAK

FNG
I flew with 70° North for a fly out float out hunt with my dad. He runs a 206 with tundra tires tricycle style, and a Helio Courier. Bob flys for him also and is who flew us out in the Courier. Mike is a super nice guy and to very good care of us. Anything he could do he did to make our trip and stay with him pleasant. There were some weather issues with some hunters disgruntled, but as stated it wasn't Mike's fault. The 206 was actually down at the time too and he went above and beyond to try and get guys in the field as soon as, and as safe as possible. On the way out I stopped and thanked him and he fed my dad and I which was wonderful after eating Mountain Houses for a week. I ran into him at a get together for another forum and he was all smiles and remembered me and asked how things were and what the latest was. Super nice guy. Here's a link to that hunt.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/119309-Fly-in-float-out-north-slope-hunt

AZinAK

RyanC

WKR
I flew with 70 North in 2010, Bob was our pilot in the Helio. Mike runs a good operation out of Happy Valley and will work hard for you to put you on caribou! He flew me out for sheep but have had a few buddies fly with him for Caribou and had good success! Good Luck on your adventure.

Ryan

Stid2677

WKR
Mike is a straight shooter and runs a quality operation. He has always done right by me and I'm booked to fly with him again next year. I'm proud to call him my friend and trust them enough to fly my Son as well.

OP
M

montee77

FNG
Thanks for the feedback, we are booked with him next year leaving sept 3rd. This is are first trip to Alaska, do you have any other pointers for some first timers?