Why doesn't Vortex?

Mtnboy

WKR
Make a high end "light weight" rifle scope. Correct me of I'm wrong, but it seems all the lines above Diamondback have adjustable turrets, or parallax adjustment etc.

Why don't they just make a simple no bells & whistles scope in their high end stuff?

Seems like they want to cater to Western style hunting....not all of us are into the long range gig.

Craig4791

WKR
I asked that question at the sheep show and the guy really didn't have an answer. I would buy a Vortex scope for one of my lightweight rifles if they offered one.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
They just don't like eastern hunters:) I've asked this to several people at Vortex. It sounds like they might be listening.....

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
There is no doubt the market is leaning to the long range crowd for high end riflescopes, and it makes sense that Vortex has catered to that growing market.

However, I do agree there is some demand for a lightweight hunting-oriented Razor line. I hope we see it as well. Something offering a low light #4 reticle and Vortex' nice Dead Hold BDC would be great.

_Nick_

WKR
I'm a western hunter. If Vortex will build a lightweight 2-7x or 3-9x scope I will buy it. By lightweight I mean it must compete with the Leupold UL scopes. Hopefully someone from Vortex can be alerted to this thread :)

akrdkill

WKR
everybody went tactical & longrange....haha.....that 2-7X32 viper they first came out with is a heck of a scope wish they'd go 36 or 40mm with it & bring it back

bradb

WKR
I have heard rumors on the hunting razor line coming before long. Don't think they specs have been decided. Get in there ear! Heard rumor of a 6x zoom like the razor 2. I know I have asked for light weight, smaller objective(40), maybe 3x18 zoom. I am still a zoom fan.

mtnkid85

WKR
I'm a western hunter. If Vortex will build a lightweight 2-7x or 3-9x scope I will buy it. By lightweight I mean it must compete with the Leupold UL scopes. Hopefully someone from Vortex can be alerted to this thread :)
Ill second this! I want someone to compete with Leupolds UL 2-7 and 3-9! Lets see a LIGHT 3-9 with no turrets and there BDC reticle.

OP
Mtnboy

Mtnboy

WKR
Any word yet if they are gonna have some new options for 2015?

Ironman8

WKR
I'd like to see a lightweight 2-8x32 SFP variable scope with their mil-hash reticle and some simple capped turrets. And no illuminated reticle!

I currently have their 2.5-10x44 Viper PST and it's honestly more scope than I need for my "400 yard gun" (Howa 18" .308). Aside from that, my only gripe about it for hunting is the uncapped turrets. Always worried about a turret spinning accidentally so I constantly have to check it.

bradb

WKR
I think its still a wait and see to exactly what the specs will be etc. But I have heard think Gen 2 razor in a hunting version.