KUIU Ultra 6000 Article

7mag.

WKR
Good write up, thanks Doug. I will be interested to hear what you think after packing a heavy load.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
7Mag, this review is on the Kuiu Ultra done by Luke Moffat.

I will still let you know how the Icon Pro holds up under weight.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Good write-up, interested to hear Doug's thoughts on the pro now. Doug you should do an article on the pro so it doesn't get deleted, lol.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dotman, I did a quick review and it is in the backpacking gear section. It is locked, at my request so it will not go up to the top with no replies. I will do a much more complete one after Nevada.

Many things Luke mentions are already l improved upon with the Icon Pro. I would also think at some point a waist belt upgrade will be available.

Good stuff luke. That squeaking is probably where the frame meets the waist belt in that little pocket it goes in. With the bare carbon any dirt or dust that gets in there tends to squeak. I used sticky sided Velcro ( the fuzzy side) and warped the frame on my icon and it helped tremendously a not sure if you could do that on the ultra.

7mag.

WKR
Now that I'm commenting on the correct review, great write up LUKE. The unbiased and honest gear reviews are one of the main things that initially drew me to Rokslide. Thank you for taking your time and spending your money for the review Luke.

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting review. Especially the thoughts on lighter isn't always best, and sometimes overbuilt and heavier may serve up better for when the real work begins.
Kinda like towing a tandem axle fifth wheel with a half tonne….. it can be done…. but a one tonne will do it so much better!

Thanks for investing the bux$$ and putting in the time.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great review! Exactly what I expect from a Rokslide review.

On a side note, all you single guys need to print up that last picture of Becca hauling the full load with raft and show it to any potential significant others and ask if they can haul it for 120+ miles. If the answer is no, "NEXT!!!" just move on down the line.