Wac' em's = WOW!

a3dhunter

WKR
When I tested almost ALL of the broadheads out there a year or so ago on a hooter shooter machine.....the Wac'em flew the closest to field points out to 100 yards than any other head. It was also the most consistent.

Were you using 100 grain or 125 grain, and were you using the 3 blade regular head or something different?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I shot two elk with the Wacem exits. Fly like darts and leave a nasty blood trail!

Yea wac ems fly great and are sharp as hell.

I've used them on elk and every other critter with great results.

But shuttles t locks and wacems are the top two most accurate heads in my opinion!

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But shuttles and wacems are the top two most accurate heads in my opinion!

Ya, mine too.......although the Ramcats are right there as well. BUT......haven't had very good target success with keeping those blades attached to the ferrule.

And surprisingly, the third best for even long range accuracy for me were the original Silverflames.

Dirtbag

WKR
So this raises the question of Wac em tritons vs. Slick Tricks? I switched to slick tricks this year and so far so good, but does anyone think Wac'ems are better?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So this raises the question of Wac em tritons vs. Slick Tricks? I switched to slick tricks this year and so far so good, but does anyone think Wac'ems are better?

At 60 yards my 4-blade Wac'ems hit about 2" lower than the three blade Wac'ems, but the Slick Tricks hit about 6" lower consistently. This was using 2" QS Speed Hunter vanes.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
INSANE!!!! I just bought a pack of Wac'em Exits and dead nuts on to 60. I just ordered another 8 packs so I never run out. I never thought I would switch from my Ulmer Edge but these fly better then any other fixed blade I've tried.

I'm running a Prime Impact - GoldTip Kinetic 300's 4 fletch with VaneTec Vmax.

gelton

WKR
Just picked up some shuttle t's and am having trouble getting them to group with my field points past 40 yards. They want to fly about two inches right and about an inch low compared to the field points. The bow is tuned for fieldpoints and the arrows are not squared for the shuttle t broadheads (blades and vanes arent aligned)...after seeing what you guys are saying about wac'ems, should a person pay to have arrows squared and work on broadhead tuning, or just call it a loss, pick up some wac'ems and see if that helps?

Been outta touch with the bow hunting industry for about 15 years so I have absolutely zero confidence in tuning a bow or squaring arrows on my own at this point.

bohntr

WKR
I can tell you this.....when I did my testing I did several experiments to prove/disprove several myths in archery. Aligning your blades with your vanes was one of those myths dispelled. There was absolutely NO difference out to 100 yards. Remember, this was off of a machine, so no human error was in play.

The Shuttle T's flew fairly well, but were not as consistent as other heads compared to field points. The Wac'em outperformed ALL heads, including a few mechanical heads. However, none flew EXACTLY the same as field points....the Wac'em heads were within 3/4" out to 80 yards consistently.

CentennialELK

Lil-Rokslider
I usually use Viper tricks or phat heads and after reading this post I picked up both shuttle t's and wac'ems. The shuttles flew as well as a broadhead ever has for me, usually I have to tweak my sights just a touch. I figured they would be hard to beat until I put on the wac'ems.... Holy smokes they are accurate. I was shooting a field point followed by a broadhead out to 60yds and couldn't have been more impressed. The penetration was very impressive too. They are going into my quiver for sure.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
A few years ago I was testing some heads from 60 yards. I shot a 100gr Wac'em Exit into the target and then had the exact same kind of arrow tipped with a 125gr Exit. Figured with the extra 25gr it would hit below the 100gr, so went ahead and shot it too. Ya, it hit below the first arrow.........shaving off the lower vane, and hitting the back end of the first Exit, breaking two of the blades on the first Exit in the target.

Dirtbag

WKR
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to try some 125gr wac'ems now. I shoot easton fmj's. Will I need the BAR ring for these to sit correctly?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So I'm pretty sure I'm going to try some 125gr wac'ems now. I shoot easton fmj's. Will I need the BAR ring for these to sit correctly?

I've never used the BAR's on any of my arrows for any broadhead. But with the Wac'ems the blades fall out real easy when they aren't screwed into something. So much so that it's easiest to hold the BH vertical while screwing the arrow onto it. You'll see when you go to put them on.