Lid

dotman

WKR
Neither, MR with two split pockets and 900ci is what I like, never could warm up to the LH and the XTL is too heavy for as little ci it provides. Mounts up nicely to a kifaru if you have extra hardware.

I recommend the k-connector kit if you do not have hardware, you can mount the lid and make your own length strap as well.

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I have the plain standard lid and the ME 900ci split lid combo

Kotaman

WKR
I have one of each and prefer the Longhunter most of the time EXCEPT on the Nomad. I prefer the XTL on the Nomad as it stays in place better in daypack mode. I also agree with Dotman as I really like the MR lid better than either of these.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have had both and prefer the long hunter lid with all the waistbelt stuff hacked off over the xtl. I felt the MR split pocket lid was overly heavy. Actually I would like to see Kifaru make their long hunter lids with the zipper placement like on the kuiu 6k lid with it right on top so it's easier to look for stuff in it.

I have both, I will always pick the XTL over the LH on my nomad because i like the way it fits better. Unless my pack is really full the LH lid seems to be too big and baggy and for some reason I dont like it. I did like it a lot on my DT1 though.

Joe

I agree though... kinda seems like a place where kifaru could make some improvements. It seems like 90% of people "make due" with a hacked lid of some sort. Probably sell a lot of lids if they let aron design one that does everything without having to take a blade to it.

Joe

I second the MR lid. Never had the long hunter lid, tried the XTL, MR lid is the best. Perfect for a nomad to.