Crooked Horn Rangefinder Sidekick

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
I have it and it works pretty well (I haven't found anything better). The fit is pretty snug for my range finder so getting it out one handed can be done, but takes a little bit of work. There are also times where I wish I could take my binos, but not my RF or vice versa, so I kind of wish I would have gone with the RF holder that has it's own strap sytem, independent of the bino system straps (RF Shooter maybe?) It'd be more straps, but more flexible. Taking the RF sidekick off of your bino system and then putting back on is a pain in the butt. I need needle nose plyers to do it, but I also have fat fingers.

OP
E

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Which rangefinder do you have? I have a Nikon Riflehunter 500 and wonder how it would fit. Hopefully snug enough to not bounce around or be prone to falling out but not a nuisance for taking in and out. Thats an interesting point about upgrading to the Shooter for a strap independent of the bino harness, especially for only $5 more.

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
To be honest, I wasn't thinking correctly. The fit really isn't too snug, it's getting ahold of the top of the rangefinder that makes it a little difficult to get it out of the pocket. The pocket is deep enough that my Bushnell Scout 1000 sits almost all the way in it, so there's not much to grab to pull the RF out. That being said, there is a strap you attach to your RF that slides up and down on the Sidekick strap. I don't have it attached right now, but if it's attached you can grab the strap to pull the RF up and out of the pocket. The strap will also keep the RF from accidentally falling out.

Overall, it's a good accessory.