Non Resident Elk Tag

Hey all, I live in Arizona and will be putting in out for an out of state tag next year for elk.. After researching most of the western states for best opportunity to draw a non resident tag for a decent unit I find my self stuck not knowing which state will give me the best opportunity and drawing odds at a good bull (300+) any insight from you guys would be greatly appreciated

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
None. That's a relatively small bull by Arizona but upper tier on most over the counter tags. Colorado will offer the most choices

Mikeha33

Lil-Rokslider
Easy to draw unit with good opportunity at 300+ bulls. There's a reason why your stuck.

If you find one with both, lemme know, and I'll put in with you, and help you pack out a 300'er all night #elanor. That's kinda like finding a woman that is "perfect". She may be a perfect 10 gorgeous, and a Harvard law graduate, but I guarantee, she's bat@&%! crazy. If she's gorgeous and not crazy, then chances are, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. If she IS all 3, wife her.

LJ Buck

WKR
Seen a lot of Bulls over 300 on units that you can draw with 0-1 poinst as a Res in CO. Live in WY now and see 300 bulls in the Gen Units. You have to hunt hard though.

OP
chasingbulls
i understand its a tall order just was curious as to which state I should really concentrate on and pursue, I love AZ elk hunting but would like another state to go get my feet wet and have different opportunity. I was looking into New Mexico since its close and has great bulls but the odds for non residents are near impossible..thanks for your input

Mmcan

WKR
If you find one with both, lemme know, and I'll put in with you, and help you pack out a 300'er all night #elanor. That's kinda like finding a woman that is "perfect". She may be a perfect 10 gorgeous, and a Harvard law graduate, but I guarantee, she's bat@&%! crazy. If she's gorgeous and not crazy, then chances are, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed. If she IS all 3, wife her.

This is a quick video precisely describing what you said about this. Worth the watch. LMAO!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU&app=desktop

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well, Jrod shot his 400+ bull in a general unit in MT, so there's always that chance. And there are a few really good draw units in CO that don't take too many points to draw right now........but it's only going to get worse.