Operation BBR underway

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Stock is stripped and all the bluing has been removed.

Will have more pics tomorrow

Shrek

WKR
Rodney , isn't that a Miroku rifle with like six or nine lugs ? If it's what I'm remembering they are really nicely made but a bit on the heavy side , which is good in a 338 win mag. Should be a nice rifle to take elk hunting.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Yes 9 lugs, I think it infringed on a Weatherby patent..
The A-bolt replaced it.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
i have one made in 1978. still new in box never fired. really nice rifle. haven't brought myself to hunt with it yet.

Very cool!!!

this one was given to me by a dear friend who passed away. He wanted me to hunt with it.
the shiny high gloss and bluing just didnt cut it for a hunting rifle.

This rifle will be headed to the back country of Wy

Was wondering why you dipped a good wood stock instead of going with a composite stock? Not knocking your choice, was just wondering.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Was wondering why you dipped a good wood stock instead of going with a composite stock? Not knocking your choice, was just wondering.

Good luck finding a stock for a BBR. The rifles were discontinued 30 yrs ago.

Shrek

WKR
If you snap that stock at the wrist McMillan inlets for it. All you need is a fist full of dollars and 20 weeks. The wood stock that came on the bbr was known to break but I would bet that a good bedding job would help with that problem. Looks great as it is though.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
If you snap that stock at the wrist McMillan inlets for it. All you need is a fist full of dollars and 20 weeks. The wood stock that came on the bbr was known to break but I would bet that a good bedding job would help with that problem. Looks great as it is though.

whoa.....dont say that..

I looked up custom stocks.... holy cow expensive.

I might redo this stock again after this years elk hunt.

I might strip it all back down, and bring it back to a satin wood finish/

KMD

Banned
Looks GREAT!
Is that the same stock, as the one in your original picture? Notice there's a different buttpad, and the Monte Carlo cheek piece and drop @ comb/heel on the dipped stock appears to be altered?
Did you modify the stock? I've seen where guys have done that with Bond-o and it worked well for them.

Just curious. Looks like nice improvements to the ergos, for a hard kickin' cartridge!

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
No that was just a pic of a shiny bbr I grabbed off the internet
Great observation !

Looks GREAT!
Is that the same stock, as the one in your original picture? Notice there's a different buttpad, and the Monte Carlo cheek piece and drop @ comb/heel on the dipped stock appears to be altered?
Did you modify the stock? I've seen where guys have done that with Bond-o and it worked well for them.

Just curious. Looks like nice improvements to the ergos, for a hard kickin' cartridge!

KMD

Banned
LOL!
Ok, I thought there was some funky stock-modding snuck in there!

Your rifle really looks excellent & can certainly appreciate the sentimental story behind it.
Hope ya get to smash something with this season!!!