The Official Rokslide Charity Raffle thread for Tri2Hunt

TO ENTER: $20 FOR EACH RAFFLE TICKET. RAFFLE WILL RUN THROUGH AUGUST 30TH AT MIDNIGHT! WE HAVE A BIG LIST OF GEAR DONATED BY ROKSLIDE MEMBERS AND EVERYONE HAS A SHOT AT EVERYTHING.

WE WERE FORMERLY USING PAYPAL BUT THEIR USE POLICY DOESN'T ALLOW THE PURCHASE OF RAFFLE ENTRIES. INSTEAD PLEASE GO TO THE DEDICATED GOFUNDME.COM WEBSITE HERE: http://www.gofundme.com/ch0vtc
AND TAKE A SCREEN SHOT OR PICTURE AND SEND IT TO ME HERE VIA PM, OR EMAIL TO [email protected] WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS! THANK YOU!

As most of you are aware, a member here (Tri2Hunt) has an 8 month old son that is tragically diagnosed with a terminal disease and needs our help to pay for his medical bills and to celebrate the time they've had with their son. I challenge all of you to look through your gear closets or what have you and donate up a piece of gear for raffle here on rokslide. I imagine we will get a list going here on this thread and then raffle off each item every 3-4 days until they are all gone. That way some people get some cool gear and the proceeds go to Tri2Hunt.

I'll go first... was going to sell this to fund a new spotter but I can live without a new spotter for awhile and my heart feels like this is definitely the right decision.

This rifle is brand new just finished the other day. Here are the details.

16" 1:9" twist 5.56 NATO barrel from signature manufacturing. I used this same barrel except for 1:7" twist for an AR I built for Ryan Avery and it shoots great.
ODINWorks 12.5" Sport forend with accessory picatinny rail.
Magpul CTS 5 position collapsible stock
Tactical oversized charging handle latch.
Milspec forged upper/lower receivers from SMI. Very tight fit on these receivers.
Milspec M16 style (full auto rated) BCG. Will upgrade to a Nickel Boron BCG for an extra $100.
ODINWorks oversized mag release
Low profile gasblock
Heavy H2 carbine buffer
Tactical Springs "white" buffer spring. Rated to over 1,000,000 duty cycles.
Standard A2 flash suppressor.

Normally a $1100+ rifle but whatever it gets here will go to a much better cause. Here are some pictures...
esyqejus.jpg

3u8a7ygy.jpg

8yzezedy.jpg

ra8yhage.jpg

So go through those gear closets and find something you think a new backpack hunter could use or anything you might have extra! Little things add up quick! God bless and prayers go out to Tri2Hunt...

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
WOW, that's pretty awesome Mike! I will bring some stuff to the thread when I get home on Monday and will spread the word every way I can. As for the AR Mike built me it shoots lights out. Let's go Roksliders, we all know we have to much gear:)

OP
HellsCanyon
WOW, that's pretty awesome Mike! I will bring some stuff to the thread when I get home on Monday and will spread the word every way I can. As for the AR Mike built me it shoots lights out. Let's go Roksliders, we all know we have to much gear:)

Thanks Ryan. Are the pics showing up for everyone? They do on my phone but not the laptop....

Mike

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Way to go Mike! That is Badass of you!

I would love to see a "community" more willing to help people out than Rokslide.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
no pics on PC

Get the paypal account set up and Ryan & I will send cash, too. No one would want my old gear. It would be older than the buyer and all my new stuff I'm keeping.

great idea,so terribly sorry for the cause though.my little girl has been through some surgeries and has been in a wheelchair her whole life so I know a thing or two about Med. bills. i sure cant touch that awesome rifle,but im sure i have something worth while . let me dig.

OP
HellsCanyon
I'm headed out the door to go inlet a stock right now. Will fix pics when I get back later....

Mike

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good for you HellsCanyon!!

This is a horrible thing Tri2hunt and his family are going through and I sure hope that the support here at Rokslide helps ease it a bit.

This thread and the original is definitely a testament to the caliber of folks we are privileged to have in our little hunting community. God bless you all.

Mark

WKR
I'll donate a new Rok Slide >Kill Kit< for starters.

1 Kifaru Medium PullOut
1 T.A.G. BOMB Bag Set
1 Kifaru Meat Baggie
1 Roll of Ultralight marking ribbon
1 25ft section of orange mil spec 550 cord
1 25ft section of green mil spec 550 cord
2 sets of latex gloves
(Weight 16oz)

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Wow Mike! I have a 20* Kifaru Base Bag I'll donate for a raffle, it is in excellent shape, reg long. Just let me know what to do Mike. Could you add the link to his thread in your first post. His paypal is in the first thread.

Last edited:
Money sent. I will also donate a 50$ kifaru gift card. I can just purchase it in the winners name or i can purchase it and let aaron just keep it until you draw a winner.. let me know what yall want me to do

2ski

WKR
Would there be fees involved with PayPal? Check with your local bank to see what they would suggest in setting up an account. I would hate to see people's generosity get lessened by fees.

This is a great idea and I will throw down some money when an account is set up. Any idea how much each chance to enter will be? I wouldn't feel right winning a gun like that unless a chance was upwards of $50-$100. But more people would probably buy more chances if it was a lower ammount.

Would there be fees involved with PayPal? Check with your local bank to see what they would suggest in setting up an account. I would hate to see people's generosity get lessened by fees.

This is a great idea and I will throw down some money when an account is set up. Any idea how much each chance to enter will be? I wouldn't feel right winning a gun like that unless a chance was upwards of $50-$100. But more people would probably buy more chances if it was a lower ammount.

Send as gift and there is no fee