Rokslide Waterfowlers?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any Rokslide waterfowlers on here? What's your go to setup? Got any good stories/pictures to share? Have not seen much and was curious if many here chased birds as passionately as we all do Big Game?

Mark

WKR
I do more waterfowl hunting than I do big game simply because the season runs through January here. Not much else to do after September archery seasons close. We go on a few rifle hunts in October sometimes, but it's mostly waterfowl in the winter.

The "Big Game" of the marsh...

swan1.jpg

IMG_41271.jpg

josh-tucknov52011.jpg

Flocked decoys. The decoys are GH Gear decoys that I had flocked and painted at Body Language Decoys (Don and Caleb Mintz).

IMG_0729_zpsa3cc3399.jpg

IMG_0728_zpsf67eb306.jpg

11-5-11.jpg

opener-tuck.jpg

tuck-blind.jpg

That's a start for pictures. I've got dozens more!

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a pretty avid waterfowler in Dec and Jan. Ducks in Dec and big beautifull canadas in Jan. I live about 30ins from Grand Pass in MO look it up, one of the best places for mallards in the Mississippi flyway!

I really like big game hunting, but once waterfowl season starts I become a psycho. Probably hunt 60-70 days of the season. To me nothing in this world as good as breaking off a flock of migrators and gettin em boots down in the blocks. Liked it so much I guided for a few years. I'll throw up some pics at some point.

JWP58

WKR
I really like big game hunting, but once waterfowl season starts I become a psycho. Probably hunt 60-70 days of the season. To me nothing in this world as good as breaking off a flock of migrators and gettin em boots down in the blocks. Liked it so much I guided for a few years. I'll throw up some pics at some point.

Do any Chukar chasing out in NV? Im not a waterfowl guy, but I do love watching pointing dogs work...nothing like it to me...

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
I've always heard NV has good waterfowl. Just curious what part of the state most of the birds are located?

See the name? I'll post some pictures when I get to an actual computer.

Mark, if you need any help over there, you just let me know. NV isn't THAT far away...

Mark

WKR
See the name? I'll post some pictures when I get to an actual computer.

Mark, if you need any help over there, you just let me know. NV isn't THAT far away...

The swans alone would be worth the trip. We can get two swan tags per season (so can non-residents).

focker34

Lil-Rokslider
In years past I've gotten pretty excited about waterfowl, although for some reason I don't feel the call so much this year. I'm sure once September ends I will be waist deep in the rivers and lakes chasing those damned birds once again.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
In years past I've gotten pretty excited about waterfowl, although for some reason I don't feel the call so much this year. I'm sure once September ends I will be waist deep in the rivers and lakes chasing those damned birds once again.
I thought I was the only one feeling this way.... Lol

Hoot

WKR
two words: Snow Geese.

Although I am getting more and more interested in mountain hunting with my bow, there's not much that I enjoy more than chasing snows...

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
This year is a little different for me cause of the deer tags I have. But on a normal year when Im hunting OTC tags i spend about a week deer hunting and once october rolls around Im pretty much strictly hunting ducks with a few pheasant hunts in between.

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider
I'm already counting down the days...There is just something about those cold mornings watching the birds working. Last year me and my buddy were fortunate to draw a late season rifle tag in north east California, we timed our trip so we could do a little duck and buck. We hunted geese in the mornings and deer all afternoon. Best of both worlds.