Yoke, Rest or Grip?

mt100gr.

WKR
So you are trying to get them to hit at the same time ?

Pretty sure he's referring to yoke tuning....

I would add a half twist on the left and alternate after that if it needs more adjustments. If you remove a half twist this time, add one next time. Just make sure your yoke still has some twists in it to keep the fibers tight.

ontarget7

WKR
Pretty sure he's referring to yoke tuning....

I would add a half twist on the left and alternate after that if it needs more adjustments. If you remove a half twist this time, add one next time. Just make sure your yoke still has some twists in it to keep the fibers tight.

Yes, he is referring to yoke tuning. However in the last pic they were high and right. Taking a twist out of the yoke will retard the top cam and do nothing to help the high impact.
Still need to know current setting before giving sound advise

ontarget7 knows what he is talking about. If things still will not come together try somehow shortening your draw length without actually changing the bow (release length, add some thickness to the back side of the grip, or something else) if you are drawing too long and your back elbow is pulling to the left the sting is starting the shot from the left every time no matter what you do. Its easy to try and might just fix everything.

mt100gr.

WKR
Yes, he is referring to yoke tuning. However in the last pic they were high and right. Taking a twist out of the yoke will retard the top cam and do nothing to help the high impact.
Still need to know current setting before giving sound advise

I am not doubting anyone's savvy here.

I have never found adding/removing twists in the individual sides of the yoke to affect my timing. As long as you keep them even (add one, remove one from opposite) and don't alter the overall length of the Buss cable.

ontarget7

WKR
For me personally, I don't try and recommend anything online until I have all the info on current specs, or I already no the bow myself from working on it. Lots of variables when looking for the perfect tune and true arrow flight. It's all a balance and not knowing the settings one can only speculate what the right adjustment would be.

As for the yokes, you don't always have to put in one twist and take out another. You can fix a slight tail low and laterally when twisting just one side. It just depends on the situation and knowing the current settings is needed to diagnose the problem

mt100gr.

WKR
Agreed. And at this point, my recommendations are to try some minor adjustments to see what/if they have an effect on the "symptoms" he's experiencing. Not suggesting anything that might "cure" it straight away but hopefully some change that may shed some light on, or lead to an avenue to begin to correct it.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I did a bunch of tweaking and adjusting. Basically my broadheads are averaging 1.5" right of field points. Move rest out 1/32"?

OP
Brandon Pattison
I chased my broadheads with fieldpoints in my rest moves. Now I am smackin' shafts and pitchin' a tent. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Last edited: