2014 Nevada Semi Live Hunt with Bowuntr, Rosinbag and Bret Scott

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nevada opener is just four days away and my chores are not done, so I better get this thread started. Bowuntr and Bret will be driving up from Southern California on Friday morning and I will be leaving my place Friday also. We should all make it to Elko at about 5pm. A big dinner and a good nights rest, which will probably be our last for the next ten days.

This year we lost Brent due to hip surgery, but picked up Bret Scott as our third. Many California hunters will know his name, but for those that don't he is one hell of a hunter. In 2011 he drew a Desert Bighorn tag in is home state of California. He made good on that tag arrowing a ram the scored 178 4/8" net Pope & Young, just 2/8" off the world record and the largest ever killed in California with a bow. Bret is also the CBH/SAA Small Game Chairman. So Ed and I lost one great hunting partner this year, and gained another.

Our plan is to ride into our area on horseback Saturday and be to base camp by 1 or 2 in the afternoon. A quick down and dirty base camp set up, get our water and packs squared away and then hike up to Spike Camp #1. We plan on glassing the area the night before season and then rehydrate dinner and get some restless sleep with the anticipation of the opener on Sunday the 10th.

The hunt will continue for eight full days of hunting and we will have to be back in base camp by mid morning on the Monday the 18th. Last year eight full days was just about right to not get to crazy and careless with our stalks.

Last year we had cell service on most of the ridge tops. Ed and I are packing our Goal Zero charges and will try and post updates and pictures along the way. For those that are waiting for their seasons to open or who will not get the chance to chase mule deer in the high country I hope this thread is enjoyable for you.

Good luck to everyone heading out for their seasons and stay safe....

Slim Jim

WKR
Good luck to you guys. I'll read up on this when I get back from my hunt on the 19th (unless I get lucky before that)

desertcj

WKR
Gonna watch this one! I'm leaving on the 13th for my own solo archery mule deer hunt, returning on the 18th. I'll be sure to catch up when I return though.

c5mrr270

WKR
Good luck. I'll be heading that way myself on the 15th. Try and leave one for me!!