Kuiu harness?

WyoElk

WKR
I'm on the verge of buying a new harness and I'm leaning toward the kuiu. For those that have used it I hear the only drawback is not having the second chest strap to keep it in place a little better. I'm curious how hard it would be to sew one on if I buy it and feel like I need it. I'm also curious how hard it is to detach the binos to put them on a tripod? Can I buy some little quick detach buckles as add them to the system? Thanks

Shrek

WKR
Have you looked at the FHF and Alaska Guide Creations harnesses ? Alaska Guide Creations is a sponsor here and can be purchased through the Rokslide store. Both are very well thought out and the highest quality. Made in the USA too. Kuiu is not so well thought out as you already know you will need to fix it fresh from the boat.

wapitibob

WKR
You don't need a second strap. Tighten up the one that's on it and it'll work as advertised. Used mine all weekend and it worked flawlessly, stayed put, one handed operation, and still sucked up snug when belly crawling.

idig4au

WKR
the Kuiu bino harness works well, I now like it better than my FHF, which was far better then anything else on the market that I have personally used. Set it up properly as its designed to work, and you'll be good in my opinion.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
LOL never fails.

Agreed! Shrek, have you ever used on in the field? I have a couple hunting buddy's that actually like the Kuiu and hunt a whole lot with them. I compared them to my Alaska Guide Creations and am glad I upgraded my old Alaska Guide Creations to the new model over upgrading to a Kuiu or a FHF after seeing and using both a bit in person. But just to discount the Kuiu cause you saw it online and it came here a boat seems odd. I think its a decent bino harness especially for someone that doesn't want to hold as many items in their bino harness and have all the pockets like a Alaska Guide Creations, but for me I do like having my Rangefinder, tags, extra shells, binos, lens cleaner, and even my GPS, and knife, all with me when I drop my pack. I prefer the Kuiu over the FHF in fact.

Last edited:

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, this place is amazing! I used my Kuiu bino harness on my Dall hunt and my elk hunt last year. Worked great. Is it the best, I don't know as i have not tried every other harness that is out there. But, I do actually hunt, have used it hunting and have no complaints.

ckleeves

WKR
I have used just about all of them ( just not as much as Shrek) and prefer the Kuiu in the stripped down mode. I use the pouch more for storage and I'll put it on if I'm hunting in the snow but I like having the option to use just the harness without the pouch. So much I just sold my FHF that was on my 15's.

wapitibob

WKR
Wy, to answer your tripod question, if you leave some slack in the over shoulder straps you can mount the binos to a tripod without ever unbuckling them. The primary attachment point to the body are the lower horizontal straps. They need to be pretty snug and up higher on the rib cage to get a correct fit, for me anyway. The shoulder straps take some of the weight off but the majority of the weight is held by the lower straps. That's how it can be used one handed. You don't need the other hand to hold the pouch when removing the binos. The harness doesn't hang on me like my badlands did. If you want a loose fitting harness I don't think the kuiu will work well adjusted like that.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
I have tried a number of binocular harnesses and prefer the Kuiu. It is thought out just fine.

kickemall

WKR
It was touched on above for tripod use but to clarify - all you have to do is detach two quick clips and the binos are loose with two short straps attached to the sides that won't affect use on a tripod. Takes all of about five seconds.

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
Dang Shrek, did Kuiu wrong you in a past life or something? Whats super funny, is that every time you bash Kuiu, the thread blows up and you just push more business their way. Perhaps if you just pimped the companies you liked, and didn't disparage those you don't, people might actually take you seriously. I haven't been here that long, but the one constant is your hate for all things Kuiu.

Have you looked at the FHF and Alaska Guide Creations harnesses ? Alaska Guide Creations is a sponsor here and can be purchased through the Rokslide store. Both are very well thought out and the highest quality. Made in the USA too. Kuiu is not so well thought out as you already know you will need to fix it fresh from the boat.

Dang Shrek, did Kuiu wrong you in a past life or something? Whats super funny, is that every time you bash Kuiu, the thread blows up and you just push more business their way. Perhaps if you just pimped the companies you liked, and didn't disparage those you don't, people might actually take you seriously. I haven't been here that long, but the one constant is your hate for all things Kuiu.

Agree 100%; it actually sounds quite stupid at this point. I will bet my paycheck shrek has never used the KUIU harness yet wants to comment on how thought out it is. I have the harness, and love it. I have used the FHF and I too prefer the KUIU. I still use the FHF range finder pouch.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Shrek is paid by a competitors company to bask Kuiu. He has bashed every product ever mentioned from Kuiu and I doubt he has owned them all.

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider

Ha , couldn't agree more ! Just added a KUIU Harness to my KUIU order , thanks to all who posted that actually used the KUIU harness .

cleatus

FNG
You don't need a second strap. Tighten up the one that's on it and it'll work as advertised. Used mine all weekend and it worked flawlessly, stayed put, one handed operation, and still sucked up snug when belly crawling.[/

Agreed ... Haven't had any problems with my kuiu harness. Very adjustable and keeps my swaros from getting beat to chit.

Last edited:

Shrek

WKR
No , unlike you I'm not in anyone's wallet. The tell was the fact that Jason showed you the new pack a month before it was released and you had pictures up on Rokslide as soon as it was released. In the least you are deep in Jason's innerrectum club and getting a very steep discount or just plain gratis. Typical sociopathic behavior to attribute your conduct to others . My distaste for Kuiu comes from being mislead....aka lied to. Sleazy company and the company they keep....