Best Hang?

I am looking for a better solution to the suspention of game and good (to keep stuff outta reach of bears) and running paracord hasn't always worked out so well. Sometimes the line frays, I have tried using carabiners and had em fail...there must be an optimal way to hang heavy loads right? I'm thinking some sort of line using a carabiner/pulley or something. Anyone?

Ian

Lil-Rokslider
Cant remember if I saw it on here or where, but I'm going to try this this year. Two sections of chain, three links each, three sections of 550 cord. two long 25', and one shorter for attaching to meat. one long 550 attaches to one center link for hoisting over high limb. Short 550 attaches to meat, and other center link. second long 550 ties to one of the links being hoisted, and then zigzagged through the other. When the mess of cord is routed, hoist the first section of chain up high, making a double pulley hoist. can pretty easily hoist over 200lbs if the limb is strong enough. clear as mud?

Eagle

WKR
I have gone away from 550 cord for weight and space savings mostly
but the z line slick dyneema cord ( http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/spectra_cord.shtml )slides over branches MUCH easier. you can buy it in 330, 450, or 650 lb strength as well.
but i will also add to the buying good biners.. i used to use the little cheapy ones, but i just bought some nice light weight ones that are actually FOR climbing and have a few in my pack. never know when they might come in handy for reasons other than hanging food or meat too