Savory/Salty Protein Bars

wapitibob

WKR
There are sweet/salty bars. I like them and use them. You can look them up and see if they have the ratios you're looking for.

Dorito's flavor?? .... Don't think so.
Maybe you can modify Shaun's Protein Bar Recipe.

I used to buy the "Sweet & Salty" Sunbelt brand bars.
They had 10g Protein & ~200cal, which isn't a lot but enough for me.
But sadly they have been going through changes, bars got smaller, price went up, and protein % went down.
They no longer represent a cheap protein/energy bar.

So I'm back to sale stocking Cliff bars 10g P, and Cliff Builder bars 20g P.
I tried Shaun's Power Bar recipe, but they turned out really bitter.
I suspect it was the protein I used.
Hunt'nFish

Devonian

Lil-Rokslider
I started laughing thinking about this but you could try making Dorito pemmican. I'd blend up a pound of jerky and add an equal volume of pulverized Doritos and enough beef fat to moisten the mixture. Then I'd bake it for about half an hour at 300*. Cool and cut into bars. Haha I don't know but it sounds good to me!

unm1136

WKR
I just did a search for organic dehydrated cheese. Take my Prairie Pate recipe and roll them in some of the powdered cheese.

http://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Cheddar-CERTIFIED-ORGANIC-package/dp/B000WRZWOA

It would also cut some of the surface oiliness/stickiness that my kids noticed on the Prairie Pate. I even did the nutritional analysis on the recipe and the variation I did. Original recipe came from a fisherman that is a chef to pay for his fishing trips. Makes a good, dense breakfast bar.

Dammit, when I get some funds I may play with this!

pat

OP
Brandon Pattison
720fd68b7c61b5213c5242ab2688b648.jpg

I am chewing on the jalapeno one as I type. It is pretty good and I hope that more companies lean towards this direction. I am really getting turned off by the amount of sugar that is in everything.

Those look rather intriguing. I definitely long for a salty snack versus a sugary one and these flavors look good. Thanks for posting!