This years moose hunts - Alaskans

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
What's everyone got lined up for moose this year?

Me, I'm headed to moose camp on Sept 6th until the 13th, I've got a new spot I'm going to try to access after seeing a fairly large bull last year. If that don't pan out, we're going to P'ville on the 20th to the 27th and staying in my buddies cabin.

It's been too long since I brought some moose meat home.

bairdi

FNG
More of the same for us again this year.....back to hunting in the swamp. One of these years I'm going to have to branch out and go do a moose hunt somewhere with some hills and mostly dry ground. We did shift our hunt dates a little later this year to try to take more advantage of the rut and cooler weather.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
you know I'll be out there gettin' it done. Headed out on 10 sept, back on 20 sept. Cannot wait. If this rain doesn't let up a bit i'll need flippers and a snorkel instead of knee pads and gloves. Likely won't be float draggin' much, which is a bummer!

Good luck on your hunt, J.

LB

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Will be moose hunting Sept 4-12.....I believe Becca shot the last one so I am up this time....I think......:p

TEmbry

WKR
I'll be in Alaska Aug 30- Sept 22... We will be float hunting based out of Dillingham Sept 5-20. Two moose tags and a grizzly, bowhunting unless the grizz turns into an angry one. Haha

Stid2677

WKR
I'm going floating and camping, I will poke the fire while Dan tries to get one to get in the raft for a plane ride. :)

Good Luck All, the leaves they be a changing.

P9100287_zps05b35887.jpg

Steve

OP
Alaskan89

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Man, this is my favorite time of year in Alaska!! Look at those fall colors, that just screams moose hunting!! Thanks for sharing Steve!

Not an Alaskan, but I'll be up there looking for one of the giant deer in a couple of weeks......getting jazzed

Brent49

FNG
I will unfortunately be one of those weekend worries this year, so that will tend to limit my options for hunt locations. This year has been more gearing up and researching areas to hunt. Been talking to an older guy that use to guide out of the Tok cutoff area and he has some incredible pictures and stories to go with them.

While I'm sure I will have a few solo day hunts & maybe an overnighter or two I am REALLY looking forward to spending the last week of season out with my 11yr old son. Can't afford a big trip up north this year (hoping to put a trip together for 15) so it will be a week in a back road camp here on the Kenai somewhere. Moose #s around here suck, but it should be a blast.

JPD350

WKR
I'd say 48-49" but since he has 4 brow tines I hope to see one like him in a week or so

That one at the very end of the video, you know, the one with the little tiny paddles, he might even go 50". What do you think Steve? :)