Need advice/ideas on shelters

Cwschwark

FNG
Ordered a Megatarp and annex but was informed a few days later that they wouldn't be able to get it to me before my upcoming hunts. Going to have to cancel the order and get it another time. But for now, I need something to use and I need to be able to order it and have it in my hands by 8-31.
My 3 upcoming hunts are WA elk, CO elk and WY antelope. WA will be packing in on foot, staying a week or so. Wyoming will be truck camping in the topper shell so no worries there. CO will be going in 15+ miles on horseback. I really wanted the Megatarp or Sawtooth since it can be UL for backpacking, or with the annex and stove, a great 4-season shelter as well for a couple people plus gear.
I'm considering a Big Agnes Fly Creek but I don't really want to buy something that I won't use once I get a tarp in the future. I could suck it up this year and pack the extra weight of a Hilleberg Nammatj or something but having a 4 season without the option of a stove kinda sucks too.
I can't decide what to do. Lol.

muleman

WKR
On the cheap get a Mountainsmith Mountain LT. It is basically a baby Megatarp.

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
I bought an oware products 9x9 pyramid and couldn't be happier. Only about $230 too

I had a FL 2 last year. If your a bigger guy it will be cramped. I am 6'3 and it was tight. I sold mine and went with a mega tarp annex this year.
Sorry to hear you wont get one in time. Good luck in your quest.

OP
C

Cwschwark

FNG
Decided to pick up a Hilleberg Nammatj 2 GT with footprint and mesh inner tent as well. Options are pretty much endless this way. Can run either inner tent as a standalone shelter, can run the outer tent as a tarp with or without the floor, can run the whole setup as a sturdy 4 season(will be nice for Kodiak goats later). I guess not being able to run a stove is a downside, but I imagine I could figure something out to install one that fits in the vestibule.