Georgia flatlander here to learn..

J Gilbert

FNG
I've been a member here for awhile, have very few posts but I'm learning a lot- I've got the itch to hit the mountains and chase everything that inhabits them. This will only grow after my upcoming trip- my wife and I are heading to Montana and Wyoming to visit Glacier National Park and Yellowstone, we leave next Saturday and will be out there for a week. Our main focus is hiking and I'll do a bit of fly-fishing as well, and will be manning the binoculars for awhile to see what I can see everywhere we go.

I'm hoping to make it out west for an OTC bowhunt in 2016 if funds allow- for right now I'm having to bide my time by doing a ton of reading on the various equipment needed, and I plan to begin slowly buying equipment this coming January. If all goes as planned, I'll be taking a 3-4 day backpack trip to the North Georgia mountains for a fly fishing/turkey hunting trip next spring on public land with a buddy- the mountains aren't quite as high, but it's out of the pines and into the hills.

Thanks for the advise, reviews, and experiences posted throughout the site and on the blogs- it has proved to be a wealth of knowledge for someone looking to undertake this endeavor. I also want to thank the guys behind the scenes here on the site, as this really seems friendly and welcoming place to hang out.

OP
J

J Gilbert

FNG
Realized I forgot to add a little about my hunting history- I'm 25, and this will be my 18th season in the Georgia deer woods- I picked up turkey hunting when I was 19 and it has been my passion since. I killed my first deer with a bow at 10 years old, and primarily bow hunt at this point in my life, and I look forward to many more adventures in the future with a bow in my hand.

OP
J

J Gilbert

FNG
Either of you two on GON?

I am- I go by the same handle there, mainly hang out in the bowhunting and turkey forums but haven't posted much as of late. You guys are both likely a bit south of me, I live in Decatur and hunt in Dublin

Just when I need something. Had real issues there when looking for a fiest breeder. Kept saying was breaking the rules?? So got pissed and have not been back much...

They had a big problem with buying/selling and solicitation in the forums, which was outside of the swap and sell....They have since went to the classifieds.....