Another new guy

arrow

FNG
Hi all. I spent 15 years guiding fly fishing and hunting before starting a family and getting a "real" job. I now get to spend a lot of time reading about my passions while sitting at work waiting to get off so I can go play. I've been lurking this site for quite a while. Figured it was time to register and introduce myself.

muleman

WKR
Welcome, I used to come down and fish the Green five plus times a year. Those bachelor days were fun, but so is having a family.

OP
A

arrow

FNG
I used to spend 200+ days a year on the Green. It was a lot of fun but I now get to take my kids out and I have to say they are my favorite fishing partners ever.

I used to fish the Green tons back in the mid and late 80s, when the road down to Little Hole was just a washboard son of a gun. It's where I cut my teeth learning to fly fish, caught my first trout on a fly rod down there. It seems like a lifetime ago but boy does it sure bring back some good memories. That A section of the Green used to boast the highest population of trout per mile of any stream/river in the lower 48.
Welcome to Rokslide arrow.

OP
A

arrow

FNG
Thanks for the welcomes guys. AK, they paved the little hole road just before I came here but I've heard plenty of horror stories about it. I have donated my share of truck/boat trailer parts to the browns park road. It's a pretty amazing river although I doubt it holds a candle to what you have up your way. My plan was always to move to Alaska some day but that was before the wife and kids. I always knew if I ever went up there I would never come back. Unlucky, where are you located?