Cabelas Primaloft Jacket and Vest on sale.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
Those are great prices considering they use Primaloft One and all YKK zippers.

Looked good to me. Only problem was I couldn't decide what camo, so I had to get both. Thanks for the heads up.

I've never handled one of these jackets before....would this be comparable to a down puffy with regards to the warmth, weight and packability? I'm looking for something to use for September and October elk hunts.

not sure on this cabelas but bought a similar looking jacket/vest combo from ed bauer last fall. it was advertised as storable in its own pocket. a lightweight prima that is just that not an expedition weight parka. have the kuiu prima loft as well and the eb is comparable . when worn together it takes this southern boy down into the twentys.

OP
C

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
These are very warm and pack down small....plus they retain loft when wet unlike goose down. This is 100 grams....Sitka Kelvin Lite is 60 grams and the standard Kelvin is 170 grams...so this jacket falls in between. Sitka uses primaloft sport...but this is Primaloft One...which is better. I think it would be perfect for most of the season.

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the jacket and it came in yesterday. I think it's going to be quite warm. Time will tell how it handles the wind but it seems to be constructed well. I'm happy thus far.

husky390

WKR
Got mine and it's going with me this weekend. It's comparable to the one's made by Russell and that's what it's replacing.

OP
C

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine today, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that this jacket is also lined with Windshear. It doesn't mention this anywhere online...but the Windshear logo is stitched onto the sleeve. I just got a new Sitka 90% jacket, and this will work perfectly underneath for complete wind blocking. The jacket itself is very nice overall with plenty of pockets.

Jlbmlb4

FNG
I bought one his summer. I just got back yesterday from N ID and had temp of 17 one AM. I wore it under my core 4elemet outer layer jacket and it worked awesome. Packs down pretty small. It is a few few ounces heavier than some puffy jackets. For the price it for sure can not be beat. I never got et in it so I can't give a review on that.

Trr15

WKR
Thanks for the heads up on this. I didn't really need a new puffy, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Ordered the jacket in outfitter camo. Should arrive tomorrow.
Looking forward to checking it out.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
Regular fit, pretty typical for Cabela's clothing. Pretty generous in the chest and stomach. Check under the tabs in the product description for detailed sizing measurements.

Man, sweet deal. I was going to wait to save up for the FL Uncompahgre but this looks perfect for layering underneath my Northbranch. Just ordered in Outfitter camo size large. I'll tell the wife some random Rokslider gave it to me..;)

Trr15

WKR
Mine just arrived today. Nice quality jacket. A little heavy for a packable puffy, but my intent isn't to carry this one in my pack anyway. Great deal! Trying to convince myself I dont need the vest too.