Bear Scat Question

LJ Buck

WKR
I ran a across some Scat that was long like a dogs but was large and had some grass in it. I was in an area that has a lot of Black bears and some Grizz. Could this of been Bear? Or Wolf? Neither. Camera was dead no pic :(

OP
L

LJ Buck

WKR
I thought it was Wolf. I hate those things hopefully they stay out of that basin until after archery season. Anyone know how to tell the differnce between Black or Grizz Scat?

Browtine

WKR
A backcountry ranger in Glacier once told my wife that Griz chit had bells in it and smelled like pepper spray. She didn't sleep much that trip if I remember right. ;)

OP
L

LJ Buck

WKR
I thought it was Wolf. I hate those things hopefully they stay out of that basin until after archery season. Anyone know how to tell the differnce between Black or Grizz Scat?

Zbowman1

WKR
A backcountry ranger in Glacier once told my wife that Griz chit had bells in it and smelled like pepper spray. She didn't sleep much that trip if I remember right. ;)

Haha.. I used to tell my clients the same thing back when I was guiding fishing trips in Alaska. Are lodge had a policy that they would not allow clients to have pepper spray in any of are float planes so we would try and downplay its effectiveness.