30* EE Revelation 750 Down Quilt going to be warm enough?

TheJuice

WKR
This will be my first season with a quilt and wondering if I ordered a warm enough one.
Spent one night in it in unit 53 CO 4 weeks ago and was fine. Low in Gunnison that night was 43. Sleeping in a SO 6-man with a Long XTherm pad.
I'm heading in on Sept. 19th for end of archery. Forcast in Gunnison is calling for lows form 25-34. I'm a realtively warm sleeper. What do you think?

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think I'd freeze my tail off. I sleep cold though. I've got an EE 20 degree and if temps are forecast to be in the low 30's or high 20's I'll pay a 20 oz weight penalty and take the WM 5 degree bag.

dotman

WKR
I have a 0* EE, so easy to vent if needed. You'll probably be ok, if needed you can supplement with your puffy and base layers.

OP
TheJuice

TheJuice

WKR
That's what I'm hoping for. I've got my heavy 0* bag(4lbs. Synthetic Kelty) I'll leave in the truck if I can't stand it the first night. I'll lose a day hunting to run back and get it. But it could save the rest of the hunt.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I used my EE 0 degree RevX this past weekend on my Xtherm and I was comfortable.......not too warm, and not too cold. Man, at 6'6" I absolutely love not being enclosed in a cocoon anymore and being able to actually bend a leg every now and then while sleeping.

bandit1

FNG
I used a EE 30 deg revX last year in Oregon with similar temps, lowest around 27 or so. I wear merino baselayers and a beanie. I was cold but I attribute a lot of it to my original neoair that I was using then, I was cold from the ground. I'm hooked on the quilt but don't want to be cold so I bought an Xtherm and had 6 ounces of overstuff added to the quilt. Honestly, I haven't used it yet (trip starts Sunday!). I think the Xtherm might have solved my problems by itself but I'll never know because my 30 deg quilt is probably more like a 10 degree now. Probably shouldn't have added the 6 ounces, we'll see. I'm just about positive that I won't be cold this year.

jb79

WKR
Just got done using my 10 deg for six days in Oregon. Lows in mid 30's and was never cold and by the second day was sleeping in just my first lite boxers...... Use the Q core pad and it worked great both in my tent and tarp. Got me thinking about a 30 deg quilt for summers now:)

I use my 30* EE (800 down) Revelation quilt with a Xtherm pad & TG Raven bivy, down to 20* no problem. Mind you I'm a warm sleeper and wearing a beanie, l/s merino top, merino boxers & Smartwool socks to sleep in. I was worried too that I didn't go low enough on the temperature rating when I bought it. Previously, I used a 15* Marmot Pinnacle, and I always got so overheated in that thing, even in lower temperatures, so I decided on the 30* over a 20* quilt. Saved a couple oz. and if temps really dipped, I could also wear my puffy and merino bottoms to add warmth. I think the pad helps greatly as well...