A fast Wyoming loper

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
I wish I could say it was a long strenuous hunt, but with the perfect weather I decided to make it to the ground blind. Walking up there was 20 on the water, but decided to blow them off and sit for the last two hours of light. So, we made it into the blind and got situated. In the midst of a nice conversation with my buddy accompanying me in the blind, this fellow came in 40 minutes into the sit! At first he came in with a slight quartering to angle. With a little help from a badger that came into the water, the buck moved off, circles around and gave me the perfect broadside shot at 15 yards. It can happen quick and although the hunt was short very rewarding, and glad I could have a great friend in the blind with me when it happened. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411153445.799382.jpg

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
Nice! After 4 days of 14 hour sits last month, id take it! lol

2rocky

WKR
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Curious how long the blind had been on the water before you sat it.

OP
NaturalJon

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
It's been up since August 2nd. This was the 5th buck killed out of this hole this season so far.

I hope mine is that fast in a few weeks.. Ill be honest, I just as soon hunt for 3 hours as 3 days on a antelope hunt

carnicero

FNG
Nice buck! I've been out looking for a shooter in a Wy unit that is considered "special", however haven't found him yet. My wallet and fuel bill would be grateful if I could close the deal in a few hours and not a few days!