New bull at wallow 9/19

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
I intend to but now I will have to wait until next september! our early archery here is september 2-14th, and our late archery, well, kind of rough

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
cold nasty weather, elk movement becomes unpredictable and lots of them move to private land. that and it starts like 5 days after the late whitetail hunt, and i always take a few weeks off work for that, so rough to get the late elk season off work. basically i wont be able to hunt them again until next september, but ill take the september elk season off work next year too. hey it just gives them a chance to get a bit bigger right?

OP
wawhitey

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
sounds like that old Bull knows the season structures!

oh theyre far from educated, they just know the easy life is on the private property munching alfalfa after the snow hits. nobody hunts these elk really, a handful of guys with rifle tags who hope to jump out of their trucks and shoot a bull once every ten years... theyre not pressured. i had them all to myself during arch season this year. only thing i was unable to do was make the shot when given the perfect opportunity. and 2 days after the season i was almost stepped on by a different 6 point while hunting bear. i got their number, just need to get my bull fever under control at the crucial moment!