Hunting Partner's First Brown Bear

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
My hunting partner is a great guy and one of the most hardcore outdoor guys I know. I feel honored to hunt with him and call him a friend. He is retired Air Force and a mechanic by trade. I've done a few gear reviews here on Rokslide and he has been a key contributor both behind the camera and partnering with me in testing, weighing, and talking through the gear. He's not much for forums so I had to post this because I know how much time and effort he has put into his pursuit for a brown bear.

Jerry has killed many critters here in Alaska, but a brown bear has always eluded him. This year we were blessed with the opportunity to test some of First Lite's new camo. I'd have to say that camo is now Jerry's lucky pattern. : )

Check out his first brown bear!

410071621.jpg

410071619.jpg

410071620.jpg

Last edited:

Stid2677

WKR
Toklat river???

So named after bears from that area,, but now refers to color phase...

The grizzly is a powerfully built bear with long, thick hair that varies in color from dark brown to pale yellowish-brown. (The so-called Toklat grizzly from the Alaska Range is a striking pale golden color with chocolate-colored lower parts.)

muleman

WKR
So named after bears from that area,, but now refers to color phase...

The grizzly is a powerfully built bear with long, thick hair that varies in color from dark brown to pale yellowish-brown. (The so-called Toklat grizzly from the Alaska Range is a striking pale golden color with chocolate-colored lower parts.)

What ever it's called I like it! Thanks for the insite.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
He dropped it off at the taxidermist tonight to get his rug done. Even the taxidermist was excited to see the color. I will send him a link to this thread. Steve, as always, appreciate the additional background info on colors.

Matt