Gore tex socks worth a darn?

SDHNTR

WKR
My feet were toast after several days goat hunting in soaked boots. Nearly new Meindl AK hunters with 3 treatments of Obenaufs too. Are gore tex socks advantageous?

Stid2677

WKR
I will NOT go without them,, use them on every hunt. I like the Rocky brand.

pacific-23

Lil-Rokslider
very helpful both to keep your feet warm and dry while hiking, and in the tent instead of camp shoes they're pretty luxurious compared to boots!

Renoit24

FNG
My Rocky Gore Tex socks worked great in Colorado last year in 8 days of rain. My boots were soaked the entire time, however my feet remained dry.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't tried any Gore Tex but this season I ran with Sealskinz socks and they were awesome! Stepped in a hole filled with water that filled my boots but my feet stayed dry.. Went with the knee high socks.

Renoit24

FNG
They can make the boot fit a bit tighter, but what I have found out is if I only use a sock liner with the gore Tex socks instead a thick wool sock, then they fit fine.

yhudson

FNG
I've been given GT socks as a gift twice. I've not had good luck with them. A solid leather boot with decent weather proofing I have found to be more comfortable.

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I have never really looked into these before. How well do they hold up? Also, do you find yourself needing more than one pair on a longer hunt(7-10days) or can you switch it up with a standard wool sock on a day or two?

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used rocky gore text socks for 3-4 days straight on my CO hunt this year. I wore darn tough wool socks with the gore over them, then LaSportiva non waterproof trail runners. My feet stayed dry in two days of rain plus two more days of walking around in wet vegetation.

I used them a couple of times, and while my feet remained dry, they were awfully cold due to being wet. So I quit using them and just bought better boots. So far I've had no issues with wet feet and I've been hunting in Washington state for the last 14 years until I moved to Kansas this summer.