Recurve Refinish Suggestion/Reference

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
I have an old Browning Nomad that my father received as a Christmas gift back in the early 70's. I recently started hunting with this bow, more of a sentimental thing than anything. Anyway, the bow needs some work. I have found a couple guys that say they will refinish it, but they showed a real lack of interest in doing so. Can anyone reference a person that does refinish work on recurves? Any experiences?

OP
G

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
Southern Ohio....
That is also a concern, what is the safest way to ship a recurve?

ethan

WKR
As far as shipping goes, they are a lot tougher than most people think. As far as refinishing, check out "The Bow Hospital". They refinish old bows. Joe Lasche use to own and operate it but has since sold it. The bows I have seen that have been refinished by them look really nice. Of course, it isn't hard to refinish a bow yourself. I'd be glad to give you some pointers, or suggestions, or whatever. I've made and finished quite a few over the years, it's definitely do-able.

LostArra

WKR
Don Ward aka bowdoc on bowsite (leatherwall). He's a master at refinishing.

Ethan is right. If the bow is not damaged, it's a good DIY project.

Call the guys at rmsgear.com, they can probably help out as well. They are a strictly trad bow shop. 1-877-843-5559