Weirdest thing you have found while backpacking

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I bring this up because I found a female "pleasure device" in a small camelbak a least two miles from the road. So what have you found that make you scratch your head??

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryan I'm not sure how to comment about that except that I've never found anything that exotic before thank goodness.

I bring this up because I found a female "pleasure device" in a small camelbak a least two miles from the road. So what have you found that make you scratch your head??

Found one of those in a river while fly fishing. Couldn't believe it, unfortunately I didn't have a camera phone at that time.

My only guess is that it is also a popular rafting river and maybe a bachelorette party went rafting and it was a gag gift or something. Who knows though.

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if anything I've seen can top what Ryan started this with.....but here goes:

Its not that weird or bizarre but twice I've found places high up on scenic ridges where it appears the ashes of some person have been spread around around a small cluster of rocks. Both instances there were half full bottles of whiskey and brandy....one of the spots had a carved cedar memorial sign, the other was carved in a nearby tree.

Another one that was a little weirder was up in the sticks where we deer hunt, my dad and I were 4 wheeling up a dirt road when we pop out in a big pasture, probably 1000 acres with not a single tree around. Someone or group of persons had cut and placed a big second growth tree trunk upright in the grass. The tree trunk was probably 3' across and about chest height it split in to two big separate trunks that then grew apart about 10' across making a broad, flat spot like a table, which had also been cut flat with a chainsaw. The reason it caught our attention was that it had several animal skulls nailed to it, in addition there was a ton of other bones littered about and it had a creepy look to it so we dubbed it the "Sacrifice Table".

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Back when Polaroids were used some may be too young to know what they are, my partner and I found a photo of a lovely very bushy lady posed appropriately for her honey with a note on it wishing her honey good luck taped to his apparent favorite tree on a ridge. We thought about taking it but took a close look and moved on to our elk hunt.

Alphaman77

Lil-Rokslider
A few years ago my dad found a little plastic horse shoe, we were probably 2 miles from the nearest road. About a mile later he shot his cow, last I knew that little horse shoe was still in his vest pocket.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well it's not entirely just my story so I'll have to clear it with the other guy first. Also I was going to start another thread on why I'll always carry a hand gun instead of mace and use it there. The gist of it is this guy had been alone way to long and was well inside mine and my buddy's comfort zone. He was a weird fellow for sure.

Well it's not entirely just my story so I'll have to clear it with the other guy first. Also I was going to start another thread on why I'll always carry a hand gun instead of mace and use it there. The gist of it is this guy had been alone way to long and was well inside mine and my buddy's comfort zone. He was a weird fellow for sure.
Did your buddy have a pretty smile?