BA Storm King reviews?

Jcberg

Lil-Rokslider
My BA Encampment 15 degree bag was too chilly in temps less than 30 so I ordered the Storm King since I wanted to stay with this system to continue using my air pad in the sleeve. Any input on the Storm King? Brutal honesty is encouraged haha:)!

Kotaman

WKR
Seems like BA bags sleep much colder than their temp ratings...At least the three I've had do. The StormKing is a decent bag, but to me performs about like a 15-20 degree bag in say a Western Mountaineering bag.. I like the BA concept, but you just gotta remember they sleep cold so go with a lower rated bag than you need. you need and you will be fine.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Took my Storm King out for its maiden voyage this weekend. Temps in the upper 20's at about 9500ft. Xtherm pad and slept in my thin merino top and bottoms. About an hour and a half in I had to unzip the bag as I was starting to sweat. I'm not sure why people say the BA bags sleep colder than their ratings, I believe a lot of it has to do with the pad selection. It's a nice, roomy bag and so far I'm happy with it. I'll be heading to northern Idaho in a few weeks so I'll update you then.