Looking for ideas

Bmcox86

WKR
I'm looking for a material to place on top of my diamond plate dog box in the the back of my truck that won't scratch my gun when I lay it top when dealing with the dogs and getting ready. Was thinking of stall matting but I think it's to thick for what I need. Thinking of some type of matting for your work bench? Any ideas?

Thanks

And before anyone asks no I don't lay my gun up their loaded, I hunt with a o/u and my trucks old and there's no good place to lean it up without scratching it(gun not truck)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
They make snap together foam flooring for kids to play on its about 1/2 thick, or maybe two of garden kneel on pads

As long as you don't mind the thickness of the stall mat that's what I would go with. They will last the longest. But there are lots of other options. Having the lid powder coated. Using some type of welcome mat etc.

jljmonky

FNG
An old truck be mat is only about 1/4 inch thick rubber is the stall mat is too heavy for the tool box lid. Outdoor carpet could work, cut to size and have the edges bound and use machine screws with fender washers and silicone to seal the holes...

Terrapin

WKR
I would use the EVA foam anti-fatigue matts from sears. It is $20 for a 4'x8' roll. I use 3M super 90 spray adhesive. This is what I use as a carpet replacement in duck boats... If it will hold up to that, it will hold up to just about anything.

I have a Bedrug in my truck and the stuff is amazing! Waterproof, stainproof, soft and durable. I bet the company would send you a pre-cut piece cheap with the adhesive strips. [video=youtube;rMfrsQD4TTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMfrsQD4TTM[/video]

I lined the bed with it for insulation and comfort when i camp in my trucktent.