Cabelas western guide or lowa cecedale tech light

kipper09

WKR
I'm in the market for a new pair of boots.. Have read a lot about the tech lights. The Cabelas western guides are relatively new with no reviews. Wanted to see everybody's thoughts about these two.
Thanks in advance

LaHunter

WKR
Lowa boots are proven and have earned a good reputation. As long as the boots fit your feet properly, I would suggest going with Lowa. I have a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX and I like them alot. These are legit mountain boots.
I also have a pair of the Meindle Perfekt Hunter boots from Cabelas and I really like these boots too. Proper fit is 1st priority.

Good Luck

luke moffat

Super Moderator
My feet aren't too picky at all. That said I have never tried the Cabelas Westerns. I have tried several Lowa boots (including the Cevedales) and they fit my feet well, but that doesn't mean they will work for you. Personal boot fit is far more important than the name brand on the side IMO. I used the Cevedales on a mountain goat hunt end of February and beginning of March this year and I really like them, but I also like my Lowa Hunter GTXs as well for colder temps. In the end your feet will tell you which one is better.

Kotaman

WKR
My foot seems to like Lowas. Anymore the Cabelas boots (especially Menidls) have too much heel slop for me. I've worn Lowa Rangers, Tibets, Clevedales, Hunters and Bighorns. (Currently still wearing all of the above except the Tibets) By far my favorite Lowa is the Bighorn. They just fit me perfect.

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe this doesn't apply to your foot, but for me, I have a slightly low volume foot (flat, a tad narrow and kind of boney). Finding boots can be tricky for me and although I'd like to check out every brand and pick which one I like, I am limited to what boots fit my feet. I wear a 9.5 in almost everything. My kenetrek UI mountain extremes are a size 9 narrow and they feel like the most perfect fit and very comfortable, but they give me blisters on both heels. I have a pair of Lowa Baffin Pros that I recently ordered, heel is perfect very comfortable breathable boot, but I can tell they are a little wide in the ball of my foot. Since I'm still in the break in period, I hope they form to my foot a little better with time. I have a pair of Danner Canadians, I ordered a size 10 because I wanted it to be a cold weather trekking boot. Fit is ok but with heavy socks and superfeet the toe box feels too small.

Next pair I'm going to try is La Sportiva Pamirs.

My point is - if you're lucky most boots will fit you very well and you'll have pick of the litter. But much like everyone has said, find a boot that fits you.

I used to be really into which brands had the better reputation, but not matter what the reputation is of a particular boot, if it doesnt fit it just wont work for you. Try on as many pairs as you can...

Luke said it well..."your feel will tell you which one is better"