AR-10 6.5 Creedmoor Lightweight Hunting Build

Right now I'm in the planning stage for my next rifle. What I wanted in the beginning was an ultralight hunting rifle, keep the price around 2k at most, and planned on going with a bolt gun. I had the idea to try to build an AR-10 platform rifle, but couldn't see keeping the weight down like I want to without spending more than I'd like to. Then, Tennessee Arms Co announced their polymer AR-10 lowers and the option was back on the table!
At first, the goal was to keep the rifle around 5.5 lbs bare. However, I don't think that's feasible for an AR-10 and I'm willing to sacrifice a little to have the AR. Here's what I''m thinking for a general parts list, some things are missing:
1. TN Arms Polymer Lower
2. CMT Tactical Trigger
3. Mega Arms side charging upper
4. Any side charging BCG or I'll modify a regular BCG to save money.
5. Light, minimal stock. MFT or similar.
6. Super light rifle length handguard, maybe ALG defense.
7. Proof Research 20" CF barrel, 6.5 Creedmoor 1:8
8. Low profile gas block, adjustable if I find I need it later.
9. Magpul MOE+ Grip
10. Silencerco Muzzle Brake
11. Leupold VX-2 Ultralight 3-9x33 CDS

Anyone else running an AR-10 as their primary hunting rifle? Nothing against bolt guns, but I like the ergonomics of the ARs much better and have never had a problem shooting them well. Any suggestions for things to change?

msalm

Lil-Rokslider
Like you mentioned, there's nothing light about the ar-10's. I would be hesitant to put that much into a high dollar build on a polymer lower. Some friends of mine messed with the 15 polymers and had very poor luck with them. They split on top at the mold line at the buffer tube threads. I don't know about any of the ar-10 polymers, but I would be cautious. I'd use aluminum receivers and go with carbon fiber free float tube. Don't know if Clark Custom makes one for the 10, but I've used a bunch of them on light hunting AR15's and they work great. They are very rigid, super light, and don't freeze your hands in cold weather like all- aluminum tubes will.

I use an AR10 platform for some types of hunting, if my shots can possibly be over about 350yds, I take the LR rifle. For backpacking I have a lightweight rifle, otherwise I take the AR10. Take a look at the Christensen Arms carbon fiber rifles. They are a bit over your budget but you can get some good ideas.

OP
PathFinder
The polymer lower I'm looking at is from a company I have an AR15 lower from. They have a brass insert at the point you referenced so that breakage problem shouldn't happen to it. I don't mind trying the polymer to start since I can throw an aluminum one on it any time. Christensen arms is about 15 miles from me, I'm not the biggest fan of their stuff. I've toured their facility a couple times. They've managed to get theirs down to 6-7 lbs with an aluminum lower. Another thing I've considered is a JP low mass BCG & buffer, but it's a bit pricier. The more I look, the more I think a CF handguard will be worth the extra $$.

msalm

Lil-Rokslider
The Clark Custom CF free float tube is only $100 and just a simple aluminum barrel nut and a straight carbon fiber tube. I've installed a lot of them on the AR15's and they are IMO a great value for a lightweight, very rigid FFT. Just a simple, clean, lightweight tube that won't freeze your hands in the winter like any AL tube will.

Actually a 5.5 pound AR 6.5 Creedmoor is possible. MY AR 308 weighs 5.1 pounds. My custom Clark hand guard weighs 2.9 ounces complete, using very thin CF and a cut down Clark aluminum barrel nut. My buffer tube/ stock is a Smokes Composites and weighs 3.5 ounces complete. I have a titanium carrier that cuts the BCG in half. My Juggernaut tactical 18 inch fluted barrel weighs 33.8 ounces. And it is sub MOA easily!

X-Caliber is building light weight fluted 18 inch 6.5 Creedmoor barrels that should weigh under 40 ounces.

That TA polymer lower is still not out yet, they say 6.5 ounces and by the end of October 2015.