My first impression on the new Hoyt Nitrum series !!!!!

ontarget7

WKR
The thing that caught my eye from the git go was the riser. I liked the clean lines, the offset riser and the lower cage. It really had good appeal to it.

Next was the roller system. I have seen others state it is to big and ugly, personally I thought it was clean and well thought out. Enclosing the flex part just goes what Hoyt has been known for over the years and that is one tough bows, that can take a beating.

I have seen some reports of a firmer backwall and at first I thought how could they with the same cam system. Well if you look at the placement of the cables the Buss Cable is preloaded even more with this cable system. The Buss Cable is your firmest point of contact when that bottom cam completes its rotation so by preloading it even more would give you a firmer wall, it does just that. Nicely done while sticking to the same system. I thought the backend felt great and I can see how it would lead to more consistency at the longer yardages when pulling through the shot.

Some have said the camo finish is not the greatest. Personally I thought it looked like their best to date. Looks very durable and the pattern is not faded at all around the turns. I own many different bows due to the tuning business and getting to know the new models is part of it. With Hoyt this year I was thinking the harvest brown anodized. However, now seeing them first hand I might go all camo, since I am a camo kinda guy.

Draw cycle is the same in the Z5 cam from last year, which is very smooth throughout. I feel we might see them a touch faster due to a little more preload. I would bet they are making speeds throughout the different draw length this year. I did get a chance to try out the new Carbon Turbo with the new Turbo cams. For the speed guys that want a valley and not wanting it to go on you at full draw this will probably feel really well for you.

The overall balance is very good and a very nice neutral feel in the hand. Something that is nice to have in the rugged backcountry. On the shot they were very quiet and I will go on record and say they are quieter than last year. Will test that when I get a few in for tuning. They really just sit there dead almost completely dead on the shot in your hand, even bare bow.

IMO, overall a very good improvement to the aluminum risers from last year and I look forward to tuning them up for a full report in the very near future.

Contact Boyd in Longmont Colorado at Archery In The Wild, they have some in stock.

Couple pics of finish
5c8cbeb2e54fe6de1a88ffd214617508.jpg
90978d07c56c4407f5902165556200c9.jpg
877f414eb55702edf3eb53f3907e2a11.jpg
94365aaea8c3895308b1d81f0b1a725d.jpg
77c1924ef577797af41f442c8b5f3b2e.jpg