SLC Lens Caps

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a used pair of SLC's earlier this year and I couldn't be happier with them. I am fairly certain I wouldn't have spotted my buck this year with my old glass. However, the lower lens covers SUCK!! I had to purchase a new set prior to the season to protect my expensive investment, and before the firdt week of my season was up I had already broke one of them! Do those of you Swaro users on here just buy them in economy packs? Or is there another manufacturer that makes some that will last a little longer? The soft rubber material tears super easily. It is really frustrating to one: have the lens exposed, and two: spend the kind of money required to get a pair of binos and then have them charge $18 for a lens cover that is going to break in no time. Suggestions?

Rian

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
Yes they do suck but pretty much all of them do the same thing. I take mine off and just use a bino harness year round. Some guys, who don't use a fully covered harness, tether the ocular lens cover on and not use the objective covers.

Brent1321

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had any problems, but I sure as heck wouldn't buy new ones. Call Swarovski, bet you money they will send a new set for free. Had a Meopta binocular, caps fell off and were gone on a hike. Called Meopta and they sent me new ones, no charge. Would bet Swarovski would do the same.

Brent

Buckman

WKR
I have found that you must be gentle with them at all times. Jerk them out from under your jacket and you will be buying new ones. Needless to say I have bought new ones. Now I am gentle and so far so good. Expensive little devils they are. :)

ytlogger

FNG
I started out researching this last spring, found a post on this site for Alaska Guide Creations bino pack. I bought one and like it but a friend uses an open harness and got some Butler Creek scope caps that fit his Swaro's.

OP
shootnrun

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I like the sizing of the FHF, but it seems like there are an awful lot of parts/straps as compared to the KUIU. Looks to be a fair bit heavier as well. Has anyone had their hands on both?

Kotaman

WKR
I like the sizing of the FHF, but it seems like there are an awful lot of parts/straps as compared to the KUIU. Looks to be a fair bit heavier as well. Has anyone had their hands on both?

I've used both fairly extensively, and while both are very good, I prefer the KUIU.

I have the new SLC 15's and the lens covers worked well, when I had them on. Then I realized I use and FHF and didn't need objective lens covers. I still use the ocular lens covers though. If you aren't using a fully enclosed harness, I suggest going to one. The FHF is around $90. $2500 bino's are worth the investment to protect them and plus, you won't have to deal with crappy lens covers breaking on you!

FYI: If you do decide to go with an FHF, you'll need the XL.