TTH Workout "Drop Tine"

Death by Burpees

Complete one Burpee on the start of the first minute, two Burpees on the second minute, three Burpees on the third minute, and so on until you can no longer complete Burpees for the number of minutes on the timer.

shaun

WKR
I damn near live on the road and delt with this for a long time...about 80% of hotels have accounts with local gyms and will give you a voucher

Liv2Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
If only treadmill is available I do 400 meter run followed by 50 air squats. 6 sets. I usually take a speed rope do 50 reps followed by 10 burpees for 4 to 6 sets also.

I'm not on the road as much as Shaun, but when I started traveling a lot about 4 years ago I picked up the TacFit Commando series (at a greatly reduced promo price). If you work through the entire series it's about 9 months worth of progressively harder workouts. Great body weight and cardio workouts you can do anywhere you have room enough to lay on the floor.

I travel out of state 3 days every week. Pick a hotel with a gym. Most will have treadmill and at least Dumbbells up to 50lbs. You can do incline or interval workouts on the treadmill. With the Dumbbells the only limiter is your imagination. Shoulder presses, rows, squats, lunges, etc...

rhendrix

WKR
What can you do as a substitute for the tire drag and your HOA will frown upon tire drag marks on the concrete? Burpees?

My tire doesn't leave any marks on the concrete that I have noticed atleast. Tire drags are really a substitute for hill work, so if you have a nice hill to go up and down near by you can do that in place of tire drags.

KHNC

WKR
Another variation is the 6/24 workout.

Consists of 6 sets of the following for time.

24-pushups (40lb ruck)
24-squats (40lb ruck)
24-walking lunges (40lb ruck)
400m run

My best time is 29:23 so far. First time doing this i was at 34:13.

stslide

FNG
I have about the same set up except I use a painters bench for step-ups, box jumps, and so on and I made a kettle bell out of weights, sections of 3/4 pipe, T-section, etc. I use either my pack or a surplus duffle bag or sea bag to work with sandbags. For the sandbags, I just bought a couple 50 pounders and wrapped them in a trash compactor bag and duct tape to keep sand from leaking everywhere. Treadmill with high incline helps.

Last edited:

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have about the same set up except I use a painters bench for step-ups, box jumps, and so on and I made a kettle bell out of dumb bells, sections of 3/4 pipe, T-section, etc. I use either my pack or a surplus duffle bag or sea bag to work with sandbags. For the sandbags, I just bought a couple 50 pounders and wrapped them in a trash compactor bag and duct tape to keep sand from leaking everywhere. Treadmill with high incline helps.
Awesome. Can you throw up a picture of your homemade kettle bell?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
ATTENTION Reno, NV residents!!

A friend of mine and I used to do a workout class focusing on the mountain hunter. We are starting it back up and we are looking for like minded folks to join us! Whether you are looking to get into shape this upcoming year or trying to take this class to improve on your already awesome body, this class will be right up your alley. We are looking at Thursday nights at 7:30.

If interested, shoot me a pm.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should post up some pictures from the classes and some of the exercises you guys do.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
TTH Workout "Bighorn"

“Bighorn”

Predator - Advanced

3 miles in a 30# pack
Stop every 5 minutes and do the following with you pack on.
5 Burpees
10 Air Squats
10 Walking Lunges (No weight overhead)

Warrior - Intermediate

2 miles in a 20# pack
5 Burpees
10 Air Squats
10 Walking Lunges (No weight overhead)

Brave - Beginner

2 miles in a 10# pack
5 Burpees
5 Air Squats
6 Walking Lunges (No weight overhead)