Zero to Hero Project

TWP

FNG
Getting a couple more stands set for you tomorrow. Get a dang bow and let's get this started!

Joshua,

What kind of bow are you looking for? I have a nice Hoyt Gamemaster you can use until you get your own if you'd like. It's a recurve, but it's a bow none the less.

Just a quick update...
I've been busting my butt in the gym and on the pavement. Strength and cardio are both way up! My body seems to be responding well to the TTH program. I've mostly been suffering through the "Predator" workouts to the point where i'm DEAD but have opted into the "warrior" a few times. I'll be getting a proper back country pack soon and making a video highlighting that. Before that even I'm thinking about doing a second baseline video to see how much I've improved. I did acquire a nicer camera that will be an upgrade from my iphone that i've been using. Thanks again for the support. I've been using the community as daily motivation to keep working hard, I'll say to myself "I wonder how hard Brock A worked today" or "Phil M wouldn't quit on this round". Put my head down and keep grinding!! Hope to see you all this summer!

J Gilbert

FNG
Good luck, I'll be following along with a lot of interest- sounds like you're taking great steps to get where you want to be

Thanks for the Support! This forum is badass.
Here is the progress in strength cardio progress coming soon...

Max Squat x5 @ 245lbs up from 185lbs.

Max Deadlift x5 @ 335lbs up from 255lbs.

Max push ups in 2 minutes @ 80 reps up from 50 reps.

Max sit ups in 2 minutes @ 51 up from 32.

Max pull ups in 2 minutes @39 up from 24.

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
I'll echo what has been said here already. This is pretty darn cool and good luck to you along the way! With the rokslide community and TTH in your corner you will achieve great things!

Elk Dog

FNG
Welcome & Good luck. Preparing for elk hunting will change your health & life. Elk hunting will become a passion & obsession. Looking forward to following your journey. "May the wind be in your face........"

BIG QUESTION!! What unit should I hunt??? I've been hitting the books and reading all I can. I want to park the truck, pack in, set up base camp, and hunt from there, maybe bring some lamas to help pack in and pack out. idk. Good wilderness hunt where I have good opportunity to get the tag, glass some mountain sides, and see some elk. Preferably in Colorado, but open to suggestions for sure! I was thinking I could put in for a few units in CO and make the trip up to Idaho if I don't get the tags in CO.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
BIG QUESTION!! What unit should I hunt??? I've been hitting the books and reading all I can. I want to park the truck, pack in, set up base camp, and hunt from there, maybe bring some lamas to help pack in and pack out. idk. Good wilderness hunt where I have good opportunity to get the tag, glass some mountain sides, and see some elk. Preferably in Colorado, but open to suggestions for sure! I was thinking I could put in for a few units in CO and make the trip up to Idaho if I don't get the tags in CO.

Try throwing your question up in the ELK category. You will get more hits there.

I am not Josh but, I have been using one of the same masks for awhile. It in my opinion does nothing for altitude training. But it does work great for building your diaphragm muscles and building your metal ability to be able to complete a workout no matter how bad you want to quit or take the mask off. I think the mental toughness I have gotten out of it has been the biggest advantage. I have seen some improvement in my ability to recover after workouts as well. My breathing and heart rate recover a lot faster now.